Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

My L355 printer 2 yrs old started printing pink when it

Customer Question
Good afternoon, Technician's Assistant:...

Good afternoon,

Technician's Assistant: Hello. How can I help?

My L355 printer 2 yrs old started printing pink when it should have been blue, so I checked the ink bottles and topped them up as I do nearly every week. Maybe this printer is too flimsy for the amount of printing this retiree does at home. I cleaned the nozzles using computer instructions several times, then cleaned the print head 4x as per the instructions on the Epson icon. Then I left it for over 6 hours. Then turned it back on and the on/off light was flashing as were the ink and paper lights.

Technician's Assistant: What kind of computer or device are you printing from?

A laptop Dell also about 2 years old and defragged and optimised.

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on with your L355?

Today. Previously I have cleaned nozzles and print head every so often, but have not done a flush.

Technician's Assistant: When did you last update the Operating System (OS) on the computer or device you're printing from?

Laptop is updated to Windows 10 as Windows wants to do it. Almost too often!

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Printer Expert to know before I connect you?

I top up ink bottles often as I check them often.

Submitted: 5 months ago.Category: Printers
The printer was fine yesterday hence my checking inks today etc.
3/8/2018
Technician: Syseng, Engineer replied 5 months ago
Syseng
Syseng, Engineer

My name is David.

Cleaning the print heads should fix the problem. Do the following to run a print head cleaning:

First, load a few sheets of plain paper in the printer.

Next, hold down the Stop button for 3 seconds and the cleaning cycle should start.

Note that the power light will flash while the printer is cleaning.

Once cleaning is finished, run a print test to see if quality is acceptable. If not, run cleaning 3 - 5 more times then test again.

Please let me know the result.

Before contacting Epson for act CE I had already cleaned the print heads 4x as per the instructions. Then waited 6 hours to turn it on again as per Epson printer instructions. That is why I contacted Epson. You are not Epson is must be a scam. Epson has been told.

That is correct - Just Answer is not Epson, but rather a third party service (not a "scam") that has an A+ rating from the BBB and provides support often times when companies such as Epson are unwilling to help. I am sure that Epson is aware of Just Answer.

So it sounds like the issue might be resolved. If not there are additional procedures I can provide that may resolve the issue if you wish to proceed.

If not, then thank you for contacting Just Answer.

Best regards ***** ***** a great weekend.

David.