Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

I have (2) Canon MG5500 series printers, (1) connected to my…

I have (2) Canon...

I have (2) Canon MG5500 series printers, (1) connected to my internet computer, which is operating good, and (1) connected to a stand alone Dell computer using Windows "XP", ya its old.

Technician's Assistant: What kind of computer or device are you printing from?

The Windows XP , printer is stuck on the red "Support Code B200, and I can't get to the menu screen to clean the printer heads, as I think that is what it needs to start printing again, as it has worked in the past. Thanks: John

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Printer Expert to know before I connect you?

Yes, the same printer will not print reports from my "Quicken" program? Thanks: John

3/8/2018
Sudipto, Engineer

Hi, I'm Sudipto. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now and will post back with your reply ASAP

Please let me know when you want to continue?

Sorry, but, as I said that computer and printer are a "Stand Alone" system, with no internet. Thanks:John
Can you just tell me what to do? Thanks: John
I never received an answer to rate???????????? Thanks: John
I'm sorry, but my lack of tec. skills, has not allowed me to find your answer to my question, looks like "I Just Pissed $5.00 Down the Drain" as we say in civilization.
Thanks For No Help. John
Syseng
Syseng, Engineer

My name is David.

Since the printer was just recently working, I recommend a power reset as

that will drain errors from memory and may resolve the issue. Unplug the

printer power cord and unplug all peripherals. Then leave the printer for

about 5 minutes to let all power drain. Then plug the printer power cord

into a wall socket (not a surge protector or power strip) and then plug the

printer back into all peripherals. Then power up the printer and test to see

if the issue is resolved.

Please let me know the result and if you need further assistance.

Thanks,

David.

Dear: David
Thanks for the fast response. I followed your instructions for the printer, disconnected everything and unplugged printer for eight hours, plugged back in twice, and there is no change.
What do you want me to do next?
Please Advise, and Thanks For all Your Help.
Your Customer: John

Hi John,

Next do the following:

Power off the printer and open the print head as if changing ink cartridges

Power up the printer

Let the print carriage move half way to the left then shut the cover

Let the printer continue and finish the routine and the code should clear.

Please let me know the result.

Dear: David
Thanks for staying with me, as it is spring here in Nevada, and our rose gardens need attending, before the weather turns to 100 plus degrees.
I tried your latest fix, an it worked once, but then went back to the red screen, tried 3 more times and no change.
I took the printer from the stand alone computer and put it on this computer that is hooked up to the internet, and still the same result.
On 3/12/18 I received an e-mail from Just answer, that would give me unlimited Member Benefits for $46.00.
My question is: If I singed up for the that $46.00, would that include the $39.00 charge for the " Secure Remote Assistance " ' if I choose to do that?
Thanks: For All Your Patience and Help.
Your Customer: John

Hi John,

Regarding the unlimited member benefits, please refer to the Just Answer customer service team - there should be a link in the email and on your screen that you can use to contact them to clarify the terms of the membership offer. If you have trouble finding a link to customer service, you can also reach them through the web page at the link below:

http://ww2.justanswer.com/help

Next, try the following procedure and please let me know the result:

Open the printer cover

Remove all ink tanks from the printer

Lift up the gray locking lever on the side of the ink tank holder

Remove the print head from the carriage unit

Place the print head back in and lock the lever down

Place all of the ink tanks back in the printer

Close the cover and turn the printer off

Unplug the printer power cord and wait 10 minutes.

Plug in the power cord and turn on the printer.

Check to see if the error returns.

Dear: David
Tried your latest fix:
- All worked good till I got to: ***** ***** the gray locking lever on the side of the ink tank holder.
- I found what looks like the locking lever on the right side, but I could not lift it up, looks like it is held in place by sliding into pins on ink holder.
Please advise, John

Hello John,

My apologies for the delay. I was looking for a better way to explain the procedure. I found a video that may help as it shows a slightly different method of removing and reinstalling the print head. Please view and let me know if it helps you complete the procedure:

click here

Dear: David
I viewed the video, and it shows a hand going into the printer head area and fumbling around, but there is no sound, so I can't figure out want the hand is doing?
This has gone on long enough, please advise when you will be there next week, and we can switch to a secure remote Assistance for the $ 39.00.
Also will you be assisting me in the Remote Assistance?
Thanks, ***** ***** all your Help.
Your customer: John
Dear: David
I don't believe that I received an answer to my last communication on 3/15/18? Will we be able to do the remote Assistance today? or when, as I will need to connect the problem printer.
Please advise.
Thanks For All Your Help.
Your Customer: John

Hello John and my apologies for the delay.

I expect to be available later in the afternoon PDT today and tomorrow afternoon as well. Do either of those time slots work for you?

Dear: David
My question is: Once I have connected the problem printer to my computer, and have it on, and Securely Connect for $39.00, do I have to be at my computer?
If that is so, than I can do it tomorrow afternoon, Nevada Time, ?
I will be signing off my computer, till this evening, now.
Thanks, ***** ***** your help, and staying with me.
It is GREATLY APPRECIATED.
Dear: David
I clicked the "Security Connect for $39.00" on my telephone today ( Thursday ), what happens next?
Thanks:
Dear: David
Today, Friday 3/23/18, and my computer & printer are on but, I will be outside and have my cell phone,(###) ###-####
Also, I want to be sure, that when I authorized the $39.00 payment to fix my printer problem (only), that I will not be put on the billing cycle, as I was when I paid the $9.00 charge to start this fix? and had to jump thru the hoops to get it cancelled?
Thanks, ***** ***** all your help, GOOD LUCK WITH GETTING THE PRINTER FIXED.
Thanks:
Your ON, John

Hello John and sorry for the delay.

Due to an urgent situation I will not be able to start the remote session until late tomorrow evening or Sunday morning. Please let me know if you will be available during one of those times.

Again my apologies for the delay.

Thank you,

David.

Dear: David
Questions:
- Do I have to be at my computer or can I just have it on?
- The bad printer is now connected to this computer.
- Will you be able to let me know when you will be avaliable, by calling me on my cell phone(###) ###-####
Thanks for all your help: John
Sunday morning looks good.
Dear: David
" HERE WE GO AGAIN "?????
Checked my Discover Card account again this morning and Guess What?
Two Charges are processing for $39.00 from your company, please have one removed, as this repair is the only thing I want from JustAnswer *Expert. I do NOT WANT any kind of a membership,
Thanks, ***** ***** help in this matter in advance.

Thanks and I will be available Sunday morning.

I don't have visibility into the charges however if you click the customer service link on your screen you can reach the Just Answer customer service team and they will take care of it for you.

Dear: David
I'm at my computer now.

Hello John - I am available - please let me know if you still have time this morning and I will send you the remote assistance links so we can get started.

I'm ready, just jive me a bit, while I put the bad printer on line, I will let you know when connected.
34; OK " I'm ready - what is next?

Ok great - I see that the remote assistance request expired (the Just Answer system does that after a period of time) however we can address that later. I am getting the remote assistance link ready now. Just a moment....

OK, I got your text, ready to go.

Please click the link below to open the remote assistance web page:

click here

Then click the I Agree button near the bottom of the web page to download the remote assistance program. Select Run if prompted and if not prompted then double click the Elsinore file in your downloads folder to start the remote assistance session.
If you are prompted with a message "can't be opened because it is from an unidentified developer" then to run the program hold down the Control key and click the Elsinore application icon (the program should also be located in your Downloads folder if you need to locate it). From the contextual menu choose Open. A popup will appear asking you to confirm this action. Once you confirm the program will run and the remote session will start.

Syseng
Syseng, Engineer