Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

Ihave a canon mg5220 printer that has stopped with message…

Ihave a canon mg5220...

Ihave a canon mg5220 printer that has stopped with message PRINTER EROE HAS OCCURED UNPLUG AND CONTQCT MAINT. HOW DO I GO AQBOUT FIXINF THIS. JOHN

Technician's Assistant: What kind of computer or device are you printing from?

HEWLETT DESK TOP

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on with your MG5220?

ACOUPL OF DAYS

Technician's Assistant: When did you last update the Operating System (OS) on the computer or device you're printing from?

I DO NOT KNOW THE DATE BUT IT WAS WHEN THE ICRO SOFT AUTO ME TO LEV 10

Answered in 1 minute by:
3/8/2018
Shefin, Printer and Office Equip. Specialist

Hello!

Thank you for your question. I am Shefin and I look forward to helping you with your issue today.

Do you get any error code such as B200?

How old the printer?

Thank you!

B200 AND ABOUT6OR7 YEARS

Please be informed that, B200 error means "Printhead temperature exceeded". It means that the printhead ink wells ran out of ink and the printing continued. Printing without ink in the wells OVERHEATED THE PRINTHEAD NOZZLES and potentially burned them out.

This can happen when the ink has run out and printing is continued, causing permanent damage to the nozzles.

Or the printhead voltage is abnormal because there is something wrong with the logic board, either way the printhead and logic board may need to be replaced to make the error go away.

However, it is better to get a new printer instead of the getting it repaired. Unfortunately, except for business-grade workgroup printers, few modern printers are repairable, and fewer are worth repairing. Most printers are now manufactured to a "replace not repair" standard. To understand why this is the case, consider the cold, hard, real-world cost of repairing a printer.

However. I would suggest you try the following before doing any repair. If the issue persists, or you cannot move the printhead, please take it for repair.

1. Remove all the ink cartridges from the machine. And remove the printhead too.

2. Turn off the printer and unplug all its cables.

3. Clean the printhead thoroughly with a small amount of warm water on a cotton swab until no ink comes off on the swab. No problem to wash the electronic board. Also shake it a little bit because there might be some ink inside the printhead. Dry it with a clean and soft paper.

4. Clean the printhead-to-printer connectors (anything metal-looking) with rubbing alcohol and q-tips.

5. Do let the printhead air-dry for about an hour.

6. Turn on the printer, put the printhead back in the printer and insert the cartridges.

Check if the issue persists.

If the issue persists, you cannot do any more troubleshooting yourself. The issue is either with the printhead, or the logic board, or both.

It is better to get a new printer instead of repairing it. Since these are major parts, unfortunately the cost of repairs may be more than a new printer itself, (if the printer is out of warranty).

I understand that this answer may not be entirely to your liking, and I regret being the bearer of information that you really don’t want to hear. But it would be unfair to you and unprofessional of me were I to provide you with anything less than truthful and honest information.

Please know that not all issues can be fixed online; in those cases of a hardware failure, I’ll troubleshoot and diagnose the problem, and provide a practical recommendation for how to proceed.

I apologize for the bad news. However, this is the honest answer I can give.

Thank you.

THANK YOU WILL GET A NEW PRINTER JOHN

That is the best option.

If you appreciate my service, please rate it EXCELLENT by clicking the EXCELLENT (5 Stars) and Submit.

Thank you!