Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

Message from the printer office jet 6700 that there is a…

Customer Question
Message from the printer...

Message from the printer office jet 6700 that there is a problem with the printer or ink. New cartridges installed, the printer has been restarted several times still no success, same message.

Technician's Assistant: How are you connecting to your OfficeJet: wirelessly or by USB?

Wirelessly

Technician's Assistant: When did you last update the printer driver software?

I'm not sure, I think it is up to date however. It does not work on any of our computers

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Printers
3/8/2018
Technician: Richard, Technician replied 4 months ago
Richard, Technician

Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.

Please note, a rating is only needed when we are finished.

Can you please remove the power to the printer (so unplug it from the power socket).

Then wait 10 minutes, connect the power again to the printer, turn it on and tell me please if it is now operating correctly.

Let me know the results please

No change in the printer

Thanks

Can you remove the ink from the printer then power it off.

then using a Q-Tip with cleaning alcohol (or warm water if you do not have any), clean out the areas where the ink goes in.

Then use a damp cloth and wipe down the inside of the printer.

Once done, let it dry for 10 minutes

Then put the ink back in, power it on and tell me if it then prints correctly please

This will also allow you to see if any foreign objects are in the printer which may cause this.

No thanks! I thought you all were a service from HP. I will contact them for further help. Please remove me from further billing charges.

You will need to contact customer service doe all billing questions