Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

I'm trying to install a new HP OfficeJet Pro 6978 and cannot…

I'm trying to install...

I'm trying to install a new HP OfficeJet Pro 6978 and cannot get it to connect to my computer.

Technician's Assistant: What kind of computer or device are you printing from?

A Toshiba Laptop

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on with your OfficeJet?

I just purchased the printer 2 hours ago. I'm trying to get it setup

Technician's Assistant: When did you last update the Operating System (OS) on the computer or device you're printing from?

I actually have no idea, and do not know how to do that. Running Windows 7

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Printer Expert to know before I connect you?

NO I just want this printer to print

Answered in 1 minute by:
3/8/2018
Shefin, Printer and Office Equip. Specialist

Hello!

Thank you for your question. I amCustomerand I look forward to helping you with your issue today.

How do you connect the printer to the computer? Using USB cable?

Are you able to copy like Xerox (photocopy) without using the computer?

Can I access your computer remotely and check the issue?

Thank you.

Customer/p>
Using USB, photocopy no, but should be able too with this printer, yes you can access my computer

Let me access the computer remotely. Please click on the below link, it will open a new web page. Over there you will see I agree button. Click the button and you will get an option to Run or Save. Please click on Run and follow the instructions.

http://www.justanswer.com/remotedesktop/join.aspx?Session=69a170b9-87c2-437f-a874-286ffdda1305

Thank you.

Customer/p>