Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

I cannot fax since I set up a VOIP unit on my HP laser jet…

Customer Question
I cannot fax since...

I cannot fax since I set up a VOIP unit on my HP laser jet pro mfp m127fw machine

Technician's Assistant: Are your device's other functions (printing, copying, scanning, etc.) working fine?

Yes, when I recieve of send a fax I get error messages printed off.

Technician's Assistant: When did this fax issue begin?

Shortly after i set up this VOIP system

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Printer Expert to know before I connect you?

What is the Baud rate 9600 speed of fax?

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Printers
3/8/2018
Technician: Syseng, Engineer replied 4 months ago
Syseng
Syseng, Engineer

My name is David.

What is the name of your VoIP service provider?

Verizon

FIOS, correct?

If so then the fax should work. How old is the printer?

FIOS? Voice over internet protocol is what they told me the system is. They also wanted me to tell you it is a Baud rate 9600, & something about an ECM setting maybe needs to be turned off?

First turn off ECM. To do so do the following on the printer control panel:

Press the Setup button.

Select Fax Setup, and then select All Faxes.

Select Error Correction, and then select Off

Try faxing and let me know the result.