Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

I have a Photosmart 6525 printer. After I changed ink

I have a Photosmart...

I have a Photosmart 6525 printer. After I changed ink cartridges recently, the black color does not print. I even changed the cartridge again, with the same result. Now what do I do?

Technician's Assistant: What's the model of your printer?

Where do I find that number? The product number is *****; the cartridge number is *****

Technician's Assistant: The Printer Technician will be able to walk you through that. Are you getting any error messages? Are you able to open the lid that covers the cartridges on your printer?

No error messages. The lid is open.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Printer Expert to know before I connect you?

No thank you.

3/8/2018
Harry, Engineer

Hello:

Welcome to JustAnswer! My name is ***** ***** I am happy to be assisting you today. My sincerest apologies that it look so long for someone to reply. I've just logged in and saw your question waiting and I'm happy to assist you. Before we begin, can you please let me know if you still need help with your question? Just use the reply box to let me know.

No, just tell me what to do
Then I can decide if I want you to fix it remotely

With the printer powered on, remove the power cord from the back.

Wait 2 minutes

Plug back in the power cord and power it on

Do you still have the error?

I still have the error. what now?
is this something I can fix?
or is it something that needs to be fixed remotely?
I just printed another page with almost no success. the biggest majority of the black print did not print.
Harry, are you still working on this? At 10:33 I sent the message that I am still having he error. Please let me know what's going on.
I started this process at 9:54. It is now 11:05. Have you discontinued your help? If so, please at least let me know. As you may guess, I am not very happy right now.

How old is the printer?

I purchased it 9/19/2014

Unfortunately, the error that you are experiencing is an internal failure which would require repair/replacement. The bad news is that your printer is outside of warranty and it would cost more to repair the printer than to buy a new one. You can purchase a new one for around $50-$60 at a local electronics store such as Best Buy.

Thanks for your help. I suspected that might be the outcome. I will simply purchase a new printer. Thanks for your help, and please excuse my impatience.

You're welcome -- I apologize that I had to deliver the bad news to you. Please understand that we do not like to deliver bad news because our rating on the site is based on the feedback of our customers so bad news situations are difficult to deal with. Thankfully, a large majority of our customers are understanding that we are just messengers in the situation and do not take it out on the rating system.

My goal is to give you the best experience possible! I hope I have earned a 5 star rating! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need more assistance, please use the reply box and let me know.

Harry, Engineer