Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

We had our Mac computer worked on and since I can not get my…

Customer Question
We had our Mac...

We had our Mac computer worked on and since I can not get my printer on line

Technician's Assistant: How are you connecting to your printer: wirelessly or by USB?

Wireless

Technician's Assistant: When did you last update the printer driver software?

Wireless

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Printers
3/8/2018
Technician: Shefin, Printer and Office Equip. Specialist replied 6 months ago
Shefin, Printer and Office Equip. Specialist

Hello!

Thank you for your question. I amCustomerand I look forward to helping you with your issue today.

May I know the make and model number of your printer?

Are you able to copy like Xerox (photocopy) without using the computer?

Thank you.

Customer/p>
Canon 6820. yes I can copy. I don't know where my software is

First, try the following. If the issue persists, we will try setting up wireless again on the printer.

1. Choose System Preferences from the Apple menu.
  2. Choose Print & Fax (or Print & Scan) or Printers & Scanners.
  3. Hold down the Control key as you click in the list at the left, then choose “Reset printing system” from the menu that appears.
  4. Then, click the + (plus sign that you see on the Printers & Scanners window, and not on the keyboard) sign to add printer. Select your printer from the list.
    Note : Make sure that you are resetting the printing system before adding the printer.

If the issue persists, or you have any questions, please be back and let me know.

If you appreciate my service, please rate it EXCELLENT by clicking the EXCELLENT (5 Stars) and Submit.

My goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have gotten anything less, please reply back, I am happy to address follow-up questions. Thank you for your business!

Thank you!

Customer/p>
No I think if you tell me what to do I can do it

Thank you!

Customer/p>
IT DIDn't Work BUT I NEEd to know my location I couldn't fill that in because I do not know what a location is

It seems that we have to setup Wifi again on your printer. Follow the instructions in the link below.

https://support.usa.canon.com/kb/index?page=content&id=ART163277&actp=search&viewlocale=en_US&searchid=1520523649270

After setting up wireless on your printer, follow the instructions below.

Thank you!

Customer/p>

Thank you!

Customer/p>
That did not work The website would not let me use it. How to I cancel my trial membership Thank you for your help but that is the same problem I have been having. Please. cancel my membership. I have no problem with your help I have just run out of time

I can help you get a refund, however, setting up wireless on the printer will resolve the issue. Could you please try opening the website once again and follow the instructions?

Thank you.

Customer/p>
I don't want a refund I just don't want to keep the membership after the 7 days I will try again

I will let the customer support know this. Please try again and let me know the result.

Thank you.

Customer/p>
I am following directions. but where I need to click I don't have a touch screen I don't get a hand it stays an arrow Do I need to do something before I begin?

Just go to the link and follow the instructions on your printer, not on your computer.

Thank you.

Customer/p>
That did work better to use the printer. What is a passpharse

Passphrase is your wireless password.

Thank you.Customer/p>