Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

My printer will not print pdf in A3. Even when I select A3…

My printer will not...

My printer will not print pdf in A3. Even when I select A3 it reverts to A4

Technician's Assistant: How are you connecting to your printer: wirelessly or by USB?

USB

Technician's Assistant: When did you last update the printer driver software?

Never

Answered in 1 minute by:
3/8/2018
Michelle
Michelle, Printer Expert

Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be the expert working with you today to help and resolve the problem you have posted.

You are at www.justanswer.com services.
I am sorry to hear that you are having such trouble. I will try my best to help you out

what is the make and model of the printer

What Operating System (OS) is running on the computer?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
windows 7
brother mfc - j6910dw
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
no i dont have any more to spend, i have already paid $32 and havent got an answer yet
Richard, Technician

Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.

Please note, a rating is only needed when we are finished.

Can you please remove the power to the printer (so unplug it from the power socket).

Then wait 10 minutes, connect the power again to the printer, turn it on and tell me please if it is now operating correctly.

Let me know the results please

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
The problem persists

Thanks

On the printer, press Menu.

Press the up or down arrow key to choose Network and press OK.

Press the up or down arrow key to choose Factory Reset

Once done, you need to connect the printer to the network again

Then try to print and tell me if it then prints correctly please

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
i dont have an ok response after pressing network

Ok is the button on the printer

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
no

What do you see when you select Network?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
network goes to the top of the screen with a return button next to it

And everything below it is blank?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
no
there are three buttons1. Wired LAN
2. WLAN
3. Time Zone

Do it this way please

Go to print settings

Select Factory Reset

choose yes

Then the stop button

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I am using a brother mfc-j6910dw printer
I do not have these commands on the screen

This is for your printer

Click here and you see

http://download.brother.com/welcome/doc002842/mfc6910dw_use_ausr.pdf

Page 62 on resetting

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Thanks Richard
I still cant find the print settings screen
the guide seems to refer to photo capture

Go to Setup, what do you see there?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
mode timer
tray settings
Volume
Daylight save
LCD settings
Sleep mode
A3 shortgrain (off)
Function lock

Ok, it is not giving the normal options.

When you go to the paper settings on the printer, what is it set to?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I'm sorry Richard but I have only tray settings and no paper settings

Thanks

It is the internal memory that has faulted, this is why you are not getting the correct settings and that it reverts out of A3

I am really sorry about this and you are going to have to return the printer to have it replaced. It will be covered by the warranty if this has not expired, and the replacement will be done at no cost to you.

I am really sorry about this, and if you have problems, or would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.

And if you can take a second to rate my service by clicking one of the stars at the top of the page, then submit, that would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Thanks for your help.
At least we now know where the error lies.

You are welcome and thank you for allowing me to help you today. My goal is to give you the best experience possible! I hope I have earned a 5 star rating! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen then submit before you leave today. If you need more assistance, please use the reply box and let me know.

Richard, Technician
Richard, Technician