Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

I can't print as it says I am out of paper but I have a full…

Customer Question
I can't print as...

I can't print as it says I am out of paper but I have a full tray. I turned printer off and started again but still says out of paper.

Technician's Assistant: What's the brand and model of your printer?

8600 office

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on with your printer?

Just started yesterday

Technician's Assistant: When did you last update the Operating System (OS) on the computer or device you're printing from?

I don't think I have ever updated

Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Printers
3/8/2018
Technician: P. Kumar, Information Systems Manager replied 1 month ago
P. Kumar
P. Kumar, Information Systems Manager

Thanks for choosing Just Answer.

I'm Kumar and I'll assist today.

1. Turn the printer on, if it is not already on.

2. Wait until the printer is idle and silent before you continue.

3. With the printer turned on, disconnect the power cord from the rear of the printer.

4. Unplug the power cord from the wall outlet.

5. Wait at least 60 seconds.

6. Plug the power cord back into the wall outlet.

7. Reconnect the power cord to the rear of the printer.

8. Turn on the printer, if it does not automatically turn on.

The printer might go through a warm-up period. The printer lights might flash, and the carriage might move.

9. Wait until the warm-up period finishes and your printer is idle and silent before you proceed.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Ok, done

Please let me know if the issues resolved.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
no, it did not fix it

Okay. Can you please do the below.

1. Grasp the handle on the front of the input tray, and then pull the tray towards you to open it

2. Remove the stack of paper from the tray.

3. Inspect the paper tray and remove any obstructions such as torn paper, foam packaging materials, or tape packaging materials. Use a flashlight to view the mechanism inside the tray to make sure that nothing blocks the paper from engaging with the rollers. Even small pieces of paper can cause paper feed issues. If you find obstructions in the paper path, skip to the section on cleaning the rollers.

4. Examine the condition of the paper, and then replace any ripped, dusty, curled, wrinkled, or bent paper.

5. Make sure that all the paper in the stack is the same size and type. Never load mixed types of paper in the tray. The printer can only process one type of paper at a time.

6. Tap the stack of paper on a flat surface to align the edges.

7. Make sure that the stack of paper contains no fewer than 10 sheets and no more than 25 sheets of paper.

NOTE:

You need to use 10 to 25 sheets of paper only for purposes of these troubleshooting steps. When the issue is resolved, you can resume loading paper according to the paper tray capacity specifications for your printer.

8. Slide the input tray back into the printer to close it.

9. If your printer includes Tray 2 as an optional accessory, repeat these steps for Tray 2.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
It is working now. Paper stuck under tray

Great!! Thank You so much for confirming.

John, Computer Science Engineer