Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

I have an HP OfficeJet Pro 8600 plus. It keeps telling me I…

Customer Question
Hello, I have an...

Hello, I have an HP OfficeJet Pro 8600 plus. It keeps telling me I have a paper jam and I do not. What can be done to get this thing going again?

Technician's Assistant: What kind of computer or device are you printing from?

An AMD Athlon II

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on with your OfficeJet?

Started this morning, left and came back tonight

Technician's Assistant: When did you last update the Operating System (OS) on the computer or device you're printing from?

The OS was updated I guess when the new Windows was installed last year

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Printer Expert to know before I connect you?

Only that this particular printer has probably printed a lot. Have gone through at least 40 950xl cartridges

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Printers
3/8/2018
Technician: Sheri, Expert replied 6 months ago
Sheri
Sheri, Expert

Thanks for using JustAnswer. I am happy to assist you with this issue. Please try this:

Remove paper in the input tray and only leave a minimum (approx 10-15 sheets) and try printing again. This will usually clear the error.

Please reply and let me know if that works for you or if you have any questions. Then we can go to the next step if needed.

Regards,

Sheri-Expert

The display on the printer will not allow me to do anything until said paper jam is resolved. I have to press the ok button to clear and print, however that will not work
No thank you, goodby.

The remote offer is automatically generated by the system, not by me. You can just ignore it. Let me know if you wish to continue messaging about your issue.

please

OK, first try turning off and unplugging the printer from the power outlet for approx. 5 minutes. During this time, remove the paper from the paper tray and leave only a few sheets in in. After 5 minutes, turn it on and see if the error has cleared. Let me know and we can go to the next step, if needed.

Regards,

Sheri-Expert

That did not work

Ok, below are links to 2 different videos. The first is an hp video, showing typical steps to clear paper jams. The second is video by a private party. This procedure has worked for other customers in the past.

HP Video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aEMkw9azxjo

**Other Video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UoZ3Ylyo4d4

Regards,

Sheri-Expert

those were no help
Technician: Harry, Engineer replied 6 months ago
Harry, Engineer

Hello:

Welcome to JustAnswer! My name is ***** ***** I am happy to be assisting you today. My sincerest apologies that it look so long for someone to reply. I've just logged in and saw your question waiting and I'm happy to assist you. Before we begin, can you please let me know if you still need help with your question? Just use the reply box to let me know.