Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

It is connected to the internet but my computer does not…

Customer Question
It is connected to...

It is connected to the internet but my computer does not rec0ognize it and it will not print

Technician's Assistant: How are you connecting to your printer: wirelessly or by USB?

Wireless

Technician's Assistant: When did you last update the printer driver software?

I do not know. It is an HP OfficeJet Pro 8600 Plus

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Printer Expert to know before I connect you?

I have been able to print before and I can't now. I do not know what has cnanged except we went from U-Verse to Direct TV.

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Printers
3/8/2018
Technician: Robert M., Consultant replied 4 months ago
Robert M., Consultant

Hi, I'm Robert and I'll be helping you with your printer question. All I ask is that you please give me a 5 star rating when satisfied. thank you :)

if you changed your router as part of the uverse change the printer is no longer hooked to it. You would have to go through the same process you did when you first purchased the printer

go through the wifi wizard on the printer to connect it to the new router

then install it on the computer since it will have a new address from the new router

If you think that it is already connected to the new router try this

in the devices and printers or printers and scanners folder

right click on the printer and select REMOVE

then click the ADD PRINTER button

it will search the network for printers.

if it finds it, just hit next next etc. and it will install and work

if it does NOT find it, then it is not connected to the new router and you would have to go through the wifi network wizard on the menu on the printer itself to hook it up to the new router

then do the above add printer routine.