Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

Not a tv sf-340 phone fax answering. Had power failure -

Not a tv sf-340...

Not a tv sf-340 phone fax answering. Had power failure - unit not coming on, can it be repaired?

Technician's Assistant: Are your device's other functions (printing, copying, scanning, etc.) working fine?

No. nothing is.

Technician's Assistant: When did this fax issue begin?

Australia day - lightening hit nearby power post.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Printer Expert to know before I connect you?

No thanks

3/8/2018
Syseng
Syseng, Engineer

My name is David.

Since the fax machine was just recently working, I recommend a power reset as

that will drain memory, give it a clean startup, and may resolve the issue. Unplug the

fax machine power cord and unplug all peripherals. Then leave the fax machine for about 5 minutes to let all power drain. Then plug the power cord into a wall socket (not a surge protector or power strip) and then plug the fax machine back into all peripherals. Then power up the machine and test to see if the issue is resolved.

Please let me know the result and if you need further assistance.

Thanks,

David.

Sorry, machine DOES NOT START UP, that's just it. Used the phone cable on another machine, it works. So the fault seems to lie with the Unit.
Tks - AR

If you did not yet try the above procedure - please try it first - if it is plugged in - even if it does not start up - power is still applied to components. In some cases simply draining all power from the unit then power up is enough to clear an error condition. If that does not resolve the issue, the next possible solution would be to replace a blown fuse.

Syseng
Syseng, Engineer
Hello David,
how do you replace the fuse on this unit - where is it located??
Tks - AR
Could you pse reply to the above - Tks. AR

The plug on the power cord is a BS1363 standard with a 5 amp fuse that is located in the plug of the power cord. There is a cover in the plug that must be removed to access the fuse. Once you replace the fuse, put the cover back in place and then test and it should power up again.

Thanks - the plug seems to be solidly sealed. Any idea if a whole power cord is available anywhere? Cheers ***** *****