Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

I was connected to wifi and on the weekend took my printer…

Customer Question
I was connected to...

I was connected to wifi and on the weekend took my printer to a friend's house and connected my computer and printer via usb as I was not connected to their wifi;

Technician's Assistant: How are you connecting to your printer: wirelessly or by USB?

Now I am at home and trying to connect back to my wifi. I do not have a usb cable at home to connect.

Technician's Assistant: When did you last update the printer driver software?

Probably when it was installed, unless it does it automatically. I don;t know any other way to do it.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Printer Expert to know before I connect you?

There is a message on the printer saying that the latest firmware is available bit I don't know how to instal that either.

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Printers
3/8/2018
Technician: Tech Ben, Information Systems Manager replied 3 months ago
Tech Ben
Tech Ben, Information Systems Manager
Experience: 15+ years of experience as an Information Systems Manager; responsible for overseeing computer and network systems, installation and maintenance, troubleshooting hardware and software issues, etc.

Thanks for choosing Just Answer.

I'm Kumar and I'll assist you today.

Can you please elaborate the issue you are facing? Are you saying that you are unable to connect the printer to your computer now?

Thanks,

Kumar

Unable to connect as I do not have a cable. Would prefer to fix from this end.

Okay. Can you please let me know the model of your printer? You will need a new driver.

Which operating system do you use?

Canon MG7675
Sorry should be Canon 5765

Do you use Windows or a Mac?

Windows 10

Great!! Let me check for the driver.

Here you go. Below is the driver link. Please download the same.

Now, once download is complete. Please follow onscreen instructions. It will ask you to search the Printer in Network. Let me know if it does not.

http://pdisp01.c-wss.com/gdl/WWUFORedirectTarget.do?id=MDEwMDAwNjAwMjAx&cmp=ABR&lang=EN

OK thank. Will you wait until I instal it or have you finished? This will only instal on the computer. How will the printer recognize it?

Yes, I am here. Its the computer that will recognize the printer. Please proceed with installation.

Have the LAN setting screen which has two selections : CHANGE LAN or WIRELESS LAN SETUP. Which do I select?

Wireless LAN Setup

CABLELESS SETUP or STANDARD SETUP

Cableless, since we dont have a cable.

The computer wants to know if I want to connect
BY ENTERING A PASSWORD
CONNECT TO ACCESSABLE ACCESS POINT
OTHER METHODWhich one?
Mr. Kumar, did you receive my last question asking how to connect?

Password

I apologize, I was having Dinner. I hope you remember your Wifi Password. I am hoping, it needs that.

Thought we had been disconnected so I selected OTHER METHOD and WIRELESS CONNECTION. This was not successful so I will now havemto start again. Just starting now. Hope I can remember the password ***** Think so.

Lets hope for the best.

Now what do I click.
STANDARD SETUP
WPS
OTHER SETUP

Let's go Standard Setup.

Have entered all the relevant information but printer has just returned to the startup screen to restart the installation. Think this is a waste of time and I do not have any more time today. Will just go and purchase a cable to connect printer and computer. Sorry for wasting your time.

That's fine. Do you want me to give a try. I can do a remote assist to your system. Alternatively, you can get a cable.

Will just get a cable. Thank you for your patience.

Thank You so much. Have a great day ahead.

Thank you. You too. Bye.