Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

I have the error code )xE5 coming up on my printer after…

Customer Question
I have the error...

I have the error code )xE5 coming up on my printer after trying to print an a3 document which got jammed. I turned it on and off but still there

Technician's Assistant: Is your A3 displaying the error on all print jobs, even after you restart it?

Its saying it on the printer screeen

Technician's Assistant: When did you last update the printer driver software?

I just reloaded it a couple of weeks ago as it stopped scanning so I reloaded it

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Printer Expert to know before I connect you?

No i think that's it

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Printers
3/8/2018
Technician: Syseng, Engineer replied 3 months ago
Syseng
Syseng, Engineer

My name is David.

Since the printer was just recently working, I recommend a power reset as

that will drain errors from memory and may resolve the issue. Unplug the

printer power cord and unplug all peripherals. Press and hold the power

button for 20 seconds. Then leave the printer for about 5 minutes to let all

power drain. Then plug the printer power cord into a wall socket (not a

surge protector or power strip) and then plug the printer back into all

peripherals. Then power up the printer and test to see if the issue is

resolved.

Please let me know the result and if you need further assistance.

Thanks,

David.

HI. Did all of that (except I can't plug into a wall socket as i'm in a communal office and the only power we have is in strip power sockets with surge protectors on them. Still getting same error message

Ok, thanks - then what is the exact make and model of the printer?

Epson Workforce WF7610

Ok, thanks.

Paper jam errors often persist after the paper has been removed until the sensors in the printer detect that the printer has been opened and inspected and the closed, which resets the sensors.

So next I recommend completing a complete inspection following the procedure outlined in the web page at the following link:

click here

Once you have completed the procedure, power down and power up the printer and let me know if the error has cleared.

HI. Did all of that and its still giving me the error

If you have a thick piece of paper that is 8.5x11 or longer, try running it through the printer while the printer is off. Doing this may correct the position of a sensor that may be out of place and causing the error to occur.

Hi. I have tried that but still giving me an error.

Ok, then I am going to open up this question to other experts that may have additional ideas.

Technician: Eldon, Engineer replied 3 months ago
Eldon
Eldon, Engineer

Hello and sorry to hear you're having trouble, and my apologies for any delay in getting you an appropriate answer.

This is not a jam issue.

There are a few possible causes of this issue, including a bad cartridge, internal debris/contamination, or a hardware failure (bad printhead, bad logic board, faulty sensor, etc).

What we can try are some cleaning and reset steps.

First remove all of the ink cartridges, then clean the metal electrical contacts on the back, as well as where they mate up inside the printer, using qtips and rubbing alcohol. Dry well, then reseat the cartridges.

Then reset the machine:
unplug power at the wall outlet
wait 5 minutes
press and hold the power/on button for 60+ seconds
keep holding while plugging back in, and for another 60 seconds after, then release

Let me know the results, and I'll advise further if needed.

Eldon