Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

Print out is not clear and information is lost on sheet.

Customer Question
Print out is not...

Technician's Assistant: What's the brand and model of your printer?

Canon pixma 230

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on with your Pixma?

Started to day

Technician's Assistant: When did you last update the Operating System (OS) on the computer or device you're printing from?

Sorry I am not computer wise

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Printer Expert to know before I connect you?

No thank you

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Printers
Answered in 1 hour by:
3/8/2018
Technician: Sheri, Expert replied 6 months ago
Sheri
Sheri, Expert

Thanks for using JustAnswer. I am happy to assist you with this issue. Can you please clarify the issue. When you say not clear and information is lost on sheet, do you mean it's smudged or blurry, or is it printing random characters, etc? Let me know the issue so I can help you further.

Regards,

Sheri-Expert

Hi, I haven't heard back from you. I just wanted to follow up to see if everything is resolved and whether you still need assistance. Please reply and let me know.

Regards,

Sheri-Expert

Regards,

Sheri-Expert

it's smudged and blurry typed thin ink lines. replaced colour canon cartridge this morning, have off the shelf brand of black cartridge. does that make a different.

Please click on the link below to go to the Canon support page for your printer. Once there, click to download the printer manual. Once the manual downloads, click to run the download, which will open the manual. Once the manual is open, review the sections on maintenance to clean the print head and do alignment. This should help this issue. Sometimes off brand cartridges can cause such issues, as well.

Link: https://www.usa.canon.com/internet/portal/us/home/support/details/printers/support-inkjet-printer/mp-series/pixma-mp230?tab=manuals

Please reply and let me know if that works for you or if you have any questions. Then we can go to the next step if needed.

Regards,

Sheri-Expert