Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

I CAN'T GET MY FAX TO WORK NEED TO KNOW HOW TO SET IT UP I…

Customer Question
I CAN'T GET MY...

I CAN'T GET MY FAX TO WORK NEED TO KNOW HOW TO SET IT UP I HAVE A CANNON MX340

Technician's Assistant: What kind of computer or device are you printing from?

MY COMPUTER IS dell

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on with your Pixma?

I have never tried to use my fax until recently IT WILL PRINT AND COPY FINE

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Printers
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Secure Remote Assistance.
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
3/8/2018
Technician: Syseng, Engineer replied 4 months ago
Syseng
Syseng, Engineer

My name is David.

Are you looking to print to fax from your computer or just fax from the printer?

I JUST NEED TO SEND OUT FAX I WOULD SAY FAX FROM THE PRINTER
JUST NEED TO SEND FAX FROM THE PRINTER

Ok, thanks.

First program your phone number into the fax machine following the procedure at the link below:

click here

To send faxes do the following:

Load a document on the Platen Glass or in the ADF.
Press the FAX button
Use the Numeric buttons to enter the recipient's number.
Press the Color button for color sending, or the Black button for black & white sending.
Press the OK button.

To setup receive mode to the following:

Turn on the printer.

Press the Menu button and repeat until the Fax Setting option displays.

Select Receive Mode Set and press OK.
Select the receive mode you wish to use and press OK.

To test sending you can send a test fax to the following Canon test number: 1-***-***-****