Shefin, Printer and Office Equip. Specialist
Experience:  Working as tech support specialist with a worldwide computer manufacturer.
15907069

I've lost my instillation cd but I believe I registered my

Customer Question

I've lost my instillation cd but I believe I registered my printer. It's an HP Photosmart 6525. What can I do to get my printer working?
JA: What HP model do you have?
Customer: SDGOB-1241
JA: How long has this been going on with your HP printer?
Customer: I haven't used it for ages because my PC was inoperable. Now I've got a new PC and want to use my printer
JA: When did you last update the Operating System (OS) on the computer or device you're printing from?
Customer: an hour ago
JA: Anything else you want the Printer Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: Thanks for your help Pearl. Love your name BTW
Category: Printers
Expert:  Mr.Med replied 8 months ago.

Hi, I'mCustomer Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply ASAP.

Expert:  Mr.Med replied 8 months ago.

I'm sorry about the issue, What operating system are you running please? Windows or Mac

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
windows 10
Expert:  Mr.Med replied 8 months ago.

Please download and install the driver of your HP printer from the following link : https://support.hp.com/us-en/product/hp-photosmart-6520-e-all-in-one-printer-series/5169038/model/5169040/drivers

Let me know if you need more help

Thank you

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
do I need to have my printer plugged in to the electrical wall socket? Or can I just use the USB?
Expert:  Mr.Med replied 8 months ago.

I'm sorry for delay in replying, yes you have to plug the printer in the electrical wall socket and to turn it on, then t plug it to a usb port

Let me know the result

Thank you

Expert:  Mr.Med replied 8 months ago.

Has everything worked out ? Do you still need help please?