Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

I've lost my instillation cd but I believe I registered my…

Customer Question
I've lost my instillation...

I've lost my instillation cd but I believe I registered my printer. It's an HP Photosmart 6525. What can I do to get my printer working?

Technician's Assistant: What HP model do you have?

SDGOB-1241

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on with your HP printer?

I haven't used it for ages because my PC was inoperable. Now I've got a new PC and want to use my printer

Technician's Assistant: When did you last update the Operating System (OS) on the computer or device you're printing from?

An hour ago

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Printer Expert to know before I connect you?

Thanks for your help Pearl. Love your name BTW

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Printers
3/8/2018
Technician: Mr.Med, Computer Enthusiast replied 6 months ago
Mr.Med
Mr.Med, Computer Enthusiast

Hi, I'mCustomer Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply ASAP.

I'm sorry about the issue, What operating system are you running please? Windows or Mac

windows 10

Please download and install the driver of your HP printer from the following link : https://support.hp.com/us-en/product/hp-photosmart-6520-e-all-in-one-printer-series/5169038/model/5169040/drivers

Let me know if you need more help

Thank you

do I need to have my printer plugged in to the electrical wall socket? Or can I just use the USB?

I'm sorry for delay in replying, yes you have to plug the printer in the electrical wall socket and to turn it on, then t plug it to a usb port

Let me know the result

Thank you

Has everything worked out ? Do you still need help please?