Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

The 6000 error like evereyone else. The support code is

Customer Question
The 6000 error like...

The 6000 error like evereyone else

Technician's Assistant: Is your printer displaying the error on all print jobs, even after you restart it?

The support code is popping up at all times when I restart the printer. I don't seem to be able to get out of that screen. SUPPORT CODE 6000.

Technician's Assistant: When did you last update the printer driver software?

Dont even remember updating it

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Printers
3/8/2018
Technician: Michelle, Printer Expert replied 4 months ago
Michelle
Michelle, Printer Expert

Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be the expert working with you today to help and resolve the problem you have posted.

You are at www.justanswer.com services.
I am sorry to hear that you are having such trouble. I will try my best to help you out

let me know the make and model of the printer

Cannon MX922 - Support Code 6000. I cannot get out of that error
I already paid $5 and I did not get anything resolved?

i am sorry for the delayed response but you replied back to me with printer make and model details after 4 days of posting the question

the 6000 error is a service error

please try the below steps

remove ink cartridges from printer and turn it off

unplug power cord

keep the ON button printer pressed for 10 secs

check printing area and feed tray for anything stuck and also clean the feed tray with soft cloth

once done, plug in power cord and turn on printer

insert ink

let me know if error repeats or gives a different error code

Michelle I replied after 4 days because I accidentally erased the email and I didn't remember the name of your company so I had to wait until you guys sent me another email. On my way to the doctors, I'll try everything as soon as I get back. thanks

no problems

do try the steps and let me know the status and i will suggest further accordingly

Are the steps in order? They don't seem to have done anything. Nothing changed.
I just tried them all in order... I'm still getting the error.

the steps i gave were a reset sequence

if that has not made any changes to the printer, then unfortunately this has to be a problem with the internal components of the printer

the printer would need to be serviced to get this resolved

if the printer is within a year of purchase and within warranty cover you may contact Canon at 1-800-OK-CANON

else you may check with any local printer repair store to get the unit serviced

I hope I’ve provided the information you were seeking. Feel free to ask if you have any question.