Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

My printer is an HP Officejet Pro 6968. HP Officejet Pro…

Customer Question
My name is *****...

My name is ***** *****, my printer is an HP Officejet Pro 6968

Technician's Assistant: What kind of computer or device are you printing from?

HP Officejet Pro 6968

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on with your OfficeJet?

It started Monday, It says it was shut down improperly and when I do shut it down and then start up it says there is a printer problem. It tells me to clean paper jam. there is no jam I spoke with technician about 3:20 he said to contact you on line he said he thought they could fix within 24 hrs or if not replace. So here I am

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Printer Expert to know before I connect you?

I haven't had any issues before

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Printers
OK
Serial # TH6AC460DC
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Secure Remote Assistance.
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
3/8/2018
Technician: Harry, Engineer replied 4 months ago
Harry, Engineer

Hello:

Welcome to JustAnswer! My name is ***** ***** I am happy to be assisting you today. My sincerest apologies that it look so long for someone to reply. I've just logged in and saw your question waiting and I'm happy to assist you. Before we begin, can you please let me know if you still need help with your question? Just use the reply box to let me know.

Thanks Harry, Yes I need assistance I'm kind of filling my way along here. Have you read the problem I posted on here about three times.
No I don't want the Secure Remote Assistance
I am going to have to leave this evening, I'll connect with you tomorrow

OK

Good Morning Harry, This is ***** ***** with printer problem. Are you there

With the printer powered on, remove the power cord from the back.

Wait 2 minutes

Plug back in the power cord and power it on

Do you still have the error?

The rep I had on phone yesterday had me try that. Shall I try it again?

No, that is fine if you already did it.

How old is the printer?

I purchased it 12/30/2016

Unfortunately, the error that you are experiencing is an internal failure which would require repair/replacement. The bad news is that your printer is outside of warranty and it would cost more to repair the printer than to buy a new one. You can purchase a new one for around $50-$60 at a local electronics store such as Best Buy.

The rep I had on phone yesterday told me, because it was so close to expired warranty, you guys would accept the warranty being extended. Then you would be able to replace my printer.

I am not sure who you spoke to on the phone yesterday for which company but we are not HP so we cannot replace any printer.

Well, as I suspected this would be a waste of time. The guy I sat and waited on phone with yesterday sure had a different attitude than you. He said you should be able to help me.

Which company did you call?

HP, he's the one who gave me your website. Ph:***********

HP would not refer you to us -- If HP will replace the printer then they can do it over the phone for you within their company.

The web site: supporthp.com