Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

Model xp235. will not print.paper is free to move.plenty of…

Model xp235. will not...

Model xp235. will not print.paper is free to move.plenty of ink in.no paper jam.the green light is flashing.the red light under red triangle is on all the time.can you assist.thanks

Technician's Assistant: How are you connecting to your XP235: wirelessly or by USB?

Wireless I think

Technician's Assistant: When did you last update the printer driver software?

A couple of weeks ago

3/7/2018
Nathan, Engineer

Hi, I'm Nathan.
Sorry to hear that you're having trouble, but I'll do my best to help you. Please give me a few moments to review your details here.

If you try to make a copy directly from the glass, does that work?
Any error code/number showing on the printer?

will not direct copy. no error code.
i can buy a new printer for $55.
i am already with V Support LLC-ID..VSAU21921

Thank you for the information,

You are seeing an automated ad by the site for a call or remote session. It is not sent by me. This is optional and may be ignored if you wish.

You have paid the full agreed upon fees (5 to ask your question + balance/total upon speaking with me here) noted on the payment page when posting your question for this chat support. This service is not affiliated with v support or covered by any warranty or service plan.

Is the red and green light flashing simultaneously, or alternating?

THE GREEN LIGHT IS FLASHING-THE RED LIGHT IS CONSTANTLY ON

Thank you for confirming,

Unfortunately this error indicates a hardware problem,

specifically, it is the result of a bad printhead (or the logic board that controls it).

The head is a "wear item" that fails with age/use. As this is a 2015 model printer, it is well into if not past its 3 year service life, so this type of failure is not surprising.

There is one step you can take here, to clean and reset the system, but it is very unlikely to help. 99.9% of the time, this does come down to a hardware fault.

While it can be fixed, it is not worthwhile to do so. You would have to, at a minimum, replace the printhead, which costs about $150; if the logic board is bad you’re looking at $200-250. For $50-100 you can replace the entire machine with a brand new model, with current technology and a fresh warranty, which makes more sense than buying the new part for an older printer.

Depending how you'd like to proceed, I can advise on the cleaning/reset steps if you wish to try, help with finding parts, finding a local repair shop, or recommending replacement options for you. Just let me know.

Best regards, ***** ***** for the news,

THANK YOU. I WILL BUY A NEW PRINTER.

You are very welcome!

If looking for a replacement, I’d recommend any of the Epson workforce series printers. They tend to be very reliable, are easy to set up and use, have good print quality, and reasonably priced ink. Example: http://amzn.to/2wPdNRJ or http://amzn.to/2hQLirU

Note that these, like all consumer grade inkjet printers, are designed to be low cost and are essentially disposable after a few years, subsidized by the high cost of ink cartridges. If you wish to have a better quality and longer lasting printer, that comes with years worth of ink up front, consider the Epson ecotank models instead: http://amzn.to/1PpOj0C

Alternately, for a more business/commercial grade product that will be rated for a 5 year life, consider a laser printer. Lasers cost more up front also, but a toner cartridge can last for thousands of pages. A black only all in one laser is around $125: http://amzn.to/2fdn5PG

while a color model is about twice that: http://amzn.to/1n4I7Q5

Nathan, Engineer