Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

I had to uninstall my HP 5660 printer and when I

Customer Question
I had to...

I had to uninstall my HP 5660 printer and when I reinstalled, the printer icon is not on my desktop. Can yo please help? Windows 10.

Technician's Assistant: What kind of computer or device are you printing from?

ASUS Desktop

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on with your 5660?

For about the last 4 hours. The scanner portion on the printer quit working, so I unstalled and reinstalled. That's when I didn't get the icon back. Without it, I do not know how to launch the scanner

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Printer Expert to know before I connect you?

I don't think so

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Printers
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Secure Remote Assistance.
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
3/7/2018
Technician: Harold Hanna, Engineer replied 6 months ago
Harold Hanna
Harold Hanna, Engineer

Hello my name is ***** ***** I will attempt to assist you with your problem today. Give me a moment while I look up the applications for your printer.

Are you wanting the link to install this yourself or have me log in to your machine and complete the installation for you?

I can do it myself, if I know the correct procedure.
NO I do not want to switch to remote session

OK great. This is the website for your printer --

https://support.hp.com/us-en/product/hp-envy-5660-e-all-in-one-printer-series/6809225/model/6809226/drivers

Sorry about that, it attempts asking automatically for people who are not good at computers and require the remote assistance. We do not need to worry about that. The link above is the link to your printer. You will click GO and it should detect your version of Windows and then the Download link will be at the bottom right.

You will want the one that states - HP ENVY 5660 e-All-in-One Printer Series Full

Tell me if you do not see the link or any other errors appear.

Are you having any trouble with the installation of the printer drivers?

Please let me know if the drivers helped for you. If they did, please rate my level of assistance from 1 to 5 stars. Thanks!