Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

I have a Brother MFC9340 CDW. I have replaced the fuser

Customer Question
Hello! I have...

Hello! I have a Brother MFC9340 CDW. I have replaced the fuser unit, and all went well, but now I am getting 2 error messages. First, I get a paper jam error....and after I open the doors to clear that error, I get a fuser door open error. So, I open & close the fuser door, re-check all locks and then close the doors. At this point I will consistently get fuser door open error (even when everything is closed)...Help!!!!

Technician's Assistant: Is your MFC9340 displaying the error on all print jobs, even after you restart it?

I cannot print anything!

Technician's Assistant: When did you last update the printer driver software?

I cannot update firmware with these error messages..

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Printer Expert to know before I connect you?

No...thats it!

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Printers
If it helps, I can send you the serial number. Last firmware update was about 3 years ago!!! As stated, I cannot update it until I can clear the error messages!!
3/7/2018
Technician: Kris R, Computer Hardware Engineer replied 4 months ago
Kris R
Kris R, Computer Hardware Engineer

Sorry for the delay, we are busy and I've just got to your question.
Can you let me know when you're ready to look at this and we will make a start.