Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

Trying to set up initialize the printer and got stuck on the…

Customer Question
Trying to set up...

Trying to set up initialize the printer and got stuck on the wifi installation steps. no wifi display on the printer lcd

Technician's Assistant: How are you connecting to your printer: wirelessly or by USB?

Wireless

Technician's Assistant: When did you last update the printer driver software?

Brand new firtst time

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Printer Expert to know before I connect you?

Just trying to get this thing working on my wifi...phone and computer

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Printers
3/7/2018
Technician: Sheri, Expert replied 3 months ago
Sheri
Sheri, Expert

Thanks for using JustAnswer. I am happy to assist you with this issue. Is the computer you are setting up the printer on a PC or Mac? If PC, what version of Windows? Let me know so we can go to the next step.

Regards,

Sheri-Expert

dell windows 10
dell laptop

Thanks. What is the brand and model of the printer?

Brother Mac-j985dw

Please click on the link below and download the "Full Driver and Software Package". Once downloaded, unplug the printer from the computer, run the software and follow the prompts. It will walk you through setting up the wireless.

http://support.brother.com/g/b/downloadlist.aspx?c=us&lang=en&prod=mfcj985dw_us_eu_as&os=10012

Please reply and let me know if that works for you or if you have any questions. Then we can go to the next step if needed.

Regards,

Sheri-Expert

Hi, I haven't heard back from you. I just wanted to follow up to see if everything is resolved and whether you still need assistance. Please reply and let me know.

Regards,

Sheri-Expert

Regards,

Sheri-Expert