Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

My dell 2335dn, which has scanned to pdf many times in the…

My dell 2335dn, which...

My dell 2335dn, which has scanned to pdf many times in the past no longer creates a pdf from a document placed in the scanner

Technician's Assistant: Is there an error code on your 2335DN when you try to scan?

Where would i find the error code if there is one?

Technician's Assistant: The Printer Technician will be able to walk you through that. When did you last update the printer driver software?

IF I updated it, I don't remember when. I recently underwent hip replacement surgery, and have lost some memory from the last month or so - very frustrating.

On the question of drivers, I may have installed some. I did purchase and install a Dell Internal Wireless Card for the printer prior to my hip replacement. I've not been able to get it to work either, so maybe it's the problem.
3/7/2018
Syseng
Syseng, Engineer

My name is David.

Since the printer was just recently working, I recommend a power reset as

that will drain errors from memory and may resolve the issue. Unplug the

printer power cord and unplug all peripherals. Press and hold the power

button for 20 seconds. Then leave the printer for about 5 minutes to let all

power drain. Then plug the printer power cord into a wall socket (not a

surge protector or power strip) and then plug the printer back into all

peripherals. Then power up the printer and test to see if the issue is

resolved.

Please let me know the result and if you need further assistance.

Thanks,

David.

Syseng
Syseng, Engineer