Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

It prints faded blue instead of black. Canon MG6820. Ever…

Customer Question
It prints faded blue...

It prints faded blue instead of black

Technician's Assistant: What's the brand and model of your printer?

Canon MG6820

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on with your MG6820?

Ever since ther was a paper jam. It had also printed colors when I asked for black prior to that

Technician's Assistant: When did you last update the Operating System (OS) on the computer or device you're printing from?

Yesterday an update was sent and I ran it

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Printer Expert to know before I connect you?

Might need better advice on clearing paper jams ass well

Submitted: 5 months ago.Category: Printers
3/7/2018
Technician: technicalcat, Consultant replied 5 months ago
technicalcat
technicalcat, Consultant

Hello and thank you for using this service. My name is ***** ***** I will help you now.

Have you replaced the black ink cartridge within the past 10 days? If not, do you know about how long it's been since you replaced the black ink cartridge?

NOTE: To reply to me, please type your message in the box below and click the button to send.

It was replaced this past Sunday but I never checked it until yesterday

Have you run any ink system or head cleaning operations yet?

I read that it may need a deep clean that I did not do yet because I wanted more info. I did do an alignment but that did not show pattern it was supposed to

Yes, definitely run the head clean. All auto operations several time. let me know results. thanks.

I cleaned the roller but did not do a head cleaning

The head cleaning is an operation you will usually do from the maintenance or setup menu on the printer itself. Have you done that?