Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

It won't print. Put in new black cartridge. Epson wf-3540.

Customer Question
It won't print....

It won't print. Put in new black cartridge.

Technician's Assistant: What's the brand and model of your printer?

Epson wf-3540

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on with your WF-3540?

Several weeks. I don't use it often.

Technician's Assistant: When did you last update the Operating System (OS) on the computer or device you're printing from?

My son gave it to me several months ago. I don't know.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Printer Expert to know before I connect you?

I don't think so.

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Printers
3/7/2018
Technician: Shefin, Printer and Office Equip. Specialist replied 4 months ago
Shefin, Printer and Office Equip. Specialist

Hello!

Thank you for your question. I am Shefin and I look forward to helping you with your issue today.

Make sure that you are using exact model, and original cartridges. Then, try the following and let me know the response.

Remove all the ink cartridges from the machine.

Then clean the contacts on the cartridges as well as inside the machine itself. Inside means the printhead where the cartrdige seats.

Do this with a small amount of warm water on a cotton swab until no ink comes off on the swab.

If any of the cartridges are low, empty, leaking or bulging replace them.

Then turn off the machine and unplug it for 5 minutes.

Plug it back it and wait for the insert cartridges message. When inserting the cartridges back, make sure you insert the black cartridge first.

Insert the cartridges and check to see if the problem is still there.

If the issue persists, or you have any questions, please be back and let me know.

If you appreciate my service, please rate it EXCELLENT by clicking the EXCELLENT (5 Stars) and Submit.

My goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have gotten anything less, please reply back, I am happy to address follow-up questions. Thank you for your business!

Thank you!

This did not help with my printer.

Are you able to copy like Xerox (photocopy) without using the computer?

Thank you.

This did not help

Thank you.

Stop. My friend fixed it but your answers didn’t help at all. I’m not paying for your services anymore. It was fixed a few days ago.