Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

Printer will not scan. Connection is via cable and USB port.

Customer Question
Printer will not scan...

Printer will not scan. Connection is via cable and USB port. Printer message is that printer is not connected to computer. Two different USB ports tried and connector to computer was held to make sure it wasn't loose.

Technician's Assistant: Is there an error code on your printer when you try to scan?

Yes, it indicated printer is not connected to computer but the cable connection is attached to both computer and printer.

Technician's Assistant: When did you last update the printer driver software?

Generally when Epson sends a message.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Printer Expert to know before I connect you?

Tell me how to request Epson software update if a notice is not sent by Epson.

Submitted: 5 months ago.Category: Printers
3/7/2018
Technician: ITCris, Technician replied 5 months ago
ITCris
ITCris, Technician

Hi, thanks for using JustAnswer.com I am Cris and will be glad to assist you.

What operating system is your PC using? Windows 7, 8 or 10?