Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

My mg7720 stopped printing. It goes through the motion but…

Customer Question
My mg7720 stopped printing...

My mg7720 stopped printing. It goes through the motion but prints blank pages. I changed the ink twice and it is something else causing problems.

Technician's Assistant: Have you tried running your printer's self-cleaning cycle? (Sometimes you have to run this several times to see results.)

How do I do that

Technician's Assistant: The Printer Technician will be able to walk you through that. Have you tried wiping down the metal contacts on your printer and cartridges?

Yes

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Printers
3/7/2018
Technician: Michelle, Printer Expert replied 4 months ago
Michelle
Michelle, Printer Expert

Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be the expert working with you today to help and resolve the problem you have posted.

You are at www.justanswer.com services.
I am sorry to hear that you are having such trouble. I will try my best to help you out

What Operating System (OS) is running on the computer thats connected to the printer

Windows 10
Are you there?

please open control panel on computer

click on devices and printers

right click on printer icon

printer properties

print test page

let me know if test page is also blank or partially printed

It doesn't give me that option

did you right click on printer icon

There are two copies. Right clicked on both.

ok try these steps on the printer

swipe the HOME screen, then tap Setup.

The setup menu screen will appear.

Tap Maintenance.

The Maintenance screen will appear.

Tap Deep cleaning.

The confirmation screen will appear.

Tap Yes.

The machine starts cleaning the print head deeply.

Do not perform any other operations until the machine completes the deep cleaning of the print head. This takes about 2 to 3 minutes.

The pattern print confirmation screen will appear.

Tap Yes.

The nozzle check pattern will be printed.

When the completion message appears, tap OK.

let me know if nozzle check pattern prints or its a blank sheet

cleaning now
It printed
all clear. Thank you

I hope I’ve provided the information you were seeking. Feel free to ask if you have any question. Please provide a rating for the service, effort and the time by clicking on the stars located on the upper right corner of this page. In case the problem still persist or you have more question then simply use the Reply to expert or click on the “Continue Conversation” button on justanswer email and I will be happy to answer your question. Thank you