Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

I have an iPad and an Epson air printer. The electricity…

I have an iPad...

I have an iPad and an Epson air printer. The electricity went off and now that it is on the printer is no longer connected to my iPad. I need a wifi password ***** order for them to be connected.

Technician's Assistant: How are you connecting to your Epson printer: wirelessly or by USB?

I think it is wirelessly since it is an air printer.

Technician's Assistant: When did you last update the printer driver software?

I have not done so.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Mac Expert to know before I connect you?

I have tried turning both printer and iPad on and off a few times and had no luck. Att is my internet provider.

3/7/2018
Md. Sadique
Md. Sadique, Engineer

Hello, and thank you for your question. I am reviewing it now and will reply again in a moment.

Do you have a computer in your house which is wirelessly connected to your wifi?

We can extract the wifi password ***** the computer.

I only have my iPad, no computer.

Is your Ipad connected to your wireless internet?

Md. Sadique
Md. Sadique, Engineer
I do not want to have to pay extra money. I simply want my att router password.
I need my att router password ***** no extra charge.
Syseng
Syseng, Engineer

My name is David.

Since the iPad and printer were already connected to the wireless network, most likely the configuration is still correct and the issue is due to memory errors from the power outage.

First, power down the router/modem that provides your wireless network and unplug the power cord as well. Wait 3 minutes. Then plug in the power cord on the router and power up the device. Wait for the router to completely start up. Then do the same with your WiFi router (if you have a separate WiFi router rather than a modem that provides both routing and WiFi).

Next, perform a power reset on the printer as that will drain errors from memory and may resolve the issue. Unplug the printer power cord and unplug all peripherals. Press and hold the power

button for 20 seconds. Then leave the printer for about 5 minutes to let all power drain. Then plug the printer power cord into a wall socket (not a surge protector or power strip) and then plug the printer back into all peripherals. Then power up the printer and test to see if the issue is resolved.

Please let me know the result.

Tech Ben
Tech Ben, Information Systems Manager
Experience: 15+ years of experience as an Information Systems Manager; responsible for overseeing computer and network systems, installation and maintenance, troubleshooting hardware and software issues, etc.

Please click on the below link. Elsinore client will be downloaded. Double tap on it and we are connected.

http://www.justanswer.com/remotedesktop/join.aspx?Session=3600c8e9-f249-48e1-9770-a20fc265af7f

Thanks,

Kumar