Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

It's my printer? Samsung CLX 3175 FW. Recently started, the…

Customer Question
It's my printer? Technician's...

It's my printer?

Technician's Assistant: What's the brand and model of your printer?

Samsung CLX 3175 FW

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on with your Samsung printer?

Recently started, the prints are smudged and very dark in color, making the print look super bold but difficult to read

Technician's Assistant: When did you last update the Operating System (OS) on the computer or device you're printing from?

Uh?

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Printer Expert to know before I connect you?

I just want to get it fixed so that I can get clear print

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Printers
I have not updated the OS.
Are you there???
3/7/2018
Technician: Harry, Engineer replied 4 months ago
Harry, Engineer

Hello:

Welcome to JustAnswer! My name is ***** ***** I am happy to be assisting you today. My sincerest apologies that it look so long for someone to reply. I've just logged in and saw your question waiting and I'm happy to assist you. Before we begin, can you please let me know if you still need help with your question? Just use the reply box to let me know.

I do

Have you tried cleaning?

I have

How old is the printer?

approx 4 years

Unfortunately, the error that you are experiencing is an internal failure which would require repair/replacement. The bad news is that your printer is outside of warranty and it would cost more to repair the printer than to buy a new one. You can purchase a new one for around $50-$60 at a local electronics store such as Best Buy.