Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

Can I print without the color cart i only use black ink to…

Customer Question
Can I print without...

Can I print without the color cart i only use black ink to print what i need

Technician's Assistant: Have you tried running your printer's self-cleaning cycle? (Sometimes you have to run this several times to see results.)

No

Technician's Assistant: Have you tried wiping down the metal contacts on your printer and cartridges?

No

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Printer Expert to know before I connect you?

Mo

Submitted: 5 months ago.Category: Printers
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Secure Remote Assistance.
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
3/6/2018
Technician: Nathan, Engineer replied 5 months ago
Nathan, Engineer

Hi, I'm Nathan.
Sorry to hear that you're having trouble, but I'll do my best to help you. Please give me a few moments to review your details here.

What is the brand and model number of the printer?

Canon TS3100
I've replaced the black one bc it was out of toner but the color one still has toner left. I want to be able to print only in black ink
I can't access the website you send me

Thank you for confirming,

Unfortunately what you are wanting to do is simply not possible, which is by design. You’ll find this to be the case with most all inkjet printers, and for good reason. These printers have thousands of tiny nozzles on the printhead, some for each color, and if any cartridge is low or empty, even just when printing other nearby colors, those nozzles will overheat, causing permanent damage to the printer. All of the inks are also necessary for normal maintenance operations of the printer such as purging and cleaning which are done automatically. For these reasons, the printer will lock out access to any function until all cartridges are available for use. You cannot print even just in a single color without all of them available. To proceed, you will have to replace the empty cartridges.

My apologies for the news,

Hello, it appears your question is still open.
Do you need more help with this?
Please note: You have already paid your fees to the site; I'd like to help you and provide value for that fee, but I do need to communicate with you here to do so, if more help is needed.