Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

I have an epson 645. .When I want to change ink the carriage…

Customer Question
I have an epson...

I have an epson 645. .When I want to change ink the carriage does not move to left to enable me to open chamber!

Technician's Assistant: What's the model of your printer?

Rudyworkforce 645

Technician's Assistant: Are you getting any error messages? Are you able to open the lid that covers the cartridges on your printer?

No message. I cannot open cartridge windows. It used to move about an inch to left before. Solidly refuses to do so now.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Printer Expert to know before I connect you?

No. How will you connect?

Submitted: 5 months ago.Category: Printers
3/6/2018
Technician: Nathan, Engineer replied 5 months ago
Nathan, Engineer

Hi, I'm Nathan.
Sorry to hear that you're having trouble, but I'll do my best to help you.

This is not an automatic process as on some other printers, some menu steps are required prior to physical replacement:
Press the home (house icon) button and select Setup (wrench icon) > Maintenance > Ink Cartridge Replacement.

Lift up the scanner unit (below the glass)

Open the cartridge cover

Squeeze the tab on the cartridge and lift the cartridge straight up to remove it.

Gently shake the new cartridge four or five times, then remove the cartridge from the package, removing the yellow tape.

Insert the new cartridge into the holder and push it down until it clicks into place.

Close the cartridge cover and push it down until it clicks into place.

Select Check on the LCD screen to make sure the cartridge or cartridges are installed correctly.

Close the scanner unit.

Let me know the results, please.

Hello, it appears your question is still open.
Do you need more help with this?
Please note: You have already paid your fees to the site; I'd like to help you and provide value for that fee, but I do need to communicate with you here to do so, if more help is needed.