Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

Well it said that I needed ink so, I went and got the Epson…

Customer Question
Well it said that...

Well it said that I needed ink so, I went and got the Epson ink.When I put the ink in it did not regenize

Technician's Assistant: What's the model of your printer?

2760

Technician's Assistant: Are you getting any error messages? Are you able to open the lid that covers the cartridges on your printer?

Yes on opening it

Submitted: 5 months ago.Category: Printers
Answered in 1 minute by:
3/6/2018
Technician: Nathan, Engineer replied 5 months ago
Nathan, Engineer

Hi, I'm Nathan.
Sorry to hear that you're having trouble, but I'll do my best to help you. Please give me a few moments to review your details here.

There are a few possible causes of this issue, including a bad cartridge, internal debris/contamination, or a hardware failure (bad printhead, bad logic board, faulty sensor, etc).

What we can try are some cleaning and reset steps.

First remove all of the ink cartridges, then clean the metal electrical contacts on the back, as well as where they mate up inside the printer, using qtips and rubbing alcohol. Dry well, then reseat the cartridges.

Then reset the machine:
unplug power at the wall outlet
wait 5 minutes
press and hold the power/on button for 60+ seconds
keep holding while plugging back in, and for another 60 seconds after, then release

Let me know the results, and I'll advise further if needed.

I cleaned the contracts an shut it off for5 mins an it still does not recognize lt.

And you're sure you're using genuine/epson inks, not generic, refilled, or "compatible" cartridges?

I got it at wal mart

Can you tell me how you replaced it (what steps you went through to install the ink)?

Ok

ok

I'm asking you to please tell me, step by step, how you put the cartridges in.

Hello, it appears your question is still open.
Do you need more help with this?
Please note: You have already paid your fees to the site; I'd like to help you and provide value for that fee, but I do need to communicate with you here to do so, if more help is needed.