Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

I have an EpsonWF2630 and I am trying to change the ink

Customer Question
Hi Pearl. I have...

Hi Pearl. I have an EpsonWF2630 and I am trying to change the ink cartridges. How do I get them to come out from behind the right side so I can remove them.

Technician's Assistant: What's the model of your printer?

C471F

Technician's Assistant: Are you getting any error messages? Are you able to open the lid that covers the cartridges on your printer?

No error messages. I can open the lid. The cartridges move back and forth quickly and then hide to the right side. I looked in the directions but it doesn't say how to get them out.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Printer Expert to know before I connect you?

I also wonder if you can refill the cartridges?

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Printers
3/6/2018
Technician: Eldon, Engineer replied 4 months ago
Eldon
Eldon, Engineer

Hello and sorry to hear you're having trouble,

This is not an automatic process as on some other printers, some menu steps are required prior to physical replacement:
Press the home (house icon) button and select Setup (wrench icon) > Maintenance > Ink Cartridge Replacement.

Lift up the scanner unit (below the glass)

Open the cartridge cover

Squeeze the tab on the cartridge and lift the cartridge straight up to remove it.

Gently shake the new cartridge four or five times, then remove the cartridge from the package, removing the yellow tape.

Insert the new cartridge into the holder and push it down until it clicks into place.

Close the cartridge cover and push it down until it clicks into place.

Select Check on the LCD screen to make sure the cartridge or cartridges are installed correctly.

Close the scanner unit.

Regarding refills, it is not recommended. In most cases they simply won't work at all, and can even damage the printer. if you do use refills, don't expect the printer to last more than a year. It is best to use the oem epson inks: http://amzn.to/2Fk1xKK

Hello, it appears your question is still open.
Do you need more help with this?
Please note: You have already paid your fees to the site; I'd like to help you and provide value for that fee, but I do need to communicate with you here to do so, if more help is needed.