Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

My HP PRINTER HAS STOPPED WORKING. DESKjET 3632 aLL-IN oNE.

My HP PRINTER HAS...

My HP PRINTER HAS STOPPED WORKING

Technician's Assistant: What HP model do you have?

DESKjET 3632 aLL-IN oNE

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on with your DeskJet?

3DAYS

Technician's Assistant: When did you last update the Operating System (OS) on the computer or device you're printing from?

FORGOT

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Printer Expert to know before I connect you?

I am on Wi-Fy

Answered in 1 minute by:
3/6/2018
Cody
Cody, Senior Systems Administrator

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I will be assisting you today.

Can I remotely connect to your computer, so I can troubleshoot this issue with you?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
NO I WANT TO FIX MYSELF

ok

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I NEED HELP NOW
Eldon
Eldon, Engineer

Hello and sorry to hear you're having trouble,

Are you getting any specific error code/number showing on the display of the printer itself?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
NO

Can you try to make a copy on the printer directly and let me know if that works?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I DO NOT WANT A SECURE REMOTE CONNECTION AND WIOLL NOT PAY $52.00

I didn't ask you.

You are seeing an automated ad by the site for a call or remote session. It is not sent by me. This is optional and may be ignored if you wish.

You have paid the full agreed upon fees (5 to ask your question + balance/total upon speaking with me here) noted on the payment page when posting your question for this chat support.

For this to be productive, please focus on continuing our written conversation here, and supplying the details I've requested above.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
NO THANK YOU

Again, I'm not asking for anything else. There is no need to tell me about any other services, the chat here has no affect on anything else.

If you'd like help in the chat, under the fees you've already paid, I'd need you to respond back with the information I've requested previously.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I HAVE TRIED A PRINT BUT NOTHING HAPPENS

I'm not asking to print,

I'm asking you to make a photocopy, directly from the glass, on the HP, not the computer.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
THAT DOES NOT WORK EITHER

What, specifically, happens when you try to make a copy?
No flashing light, error number, etc?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
NOTHING JUST A SMALL BLUE LIGHT BY THE WY-FY SYMBAL ON THE PRINTER

Did you press the start/black button after you pressed copy?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I TRIED AGAIN ,STILL NOTHING HAPPENS

So it is just completely nonresponsive when you press the copy button and then the start (black) button?

It doesn't try to print, give out a blank page, show a number on the screen, etc?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
THE PRINTER LIGHT IS ON BUT THERE IS NO RESPONSE WHEN I TRY TO PRINT

Again, I'm not asking about printing, I'm asking you about copying. Have you actually tried to make a photocopy?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
IT IS A PHOTOCOPY THAT I AM TALKING ABOUT , SORRY FOR THE MIXUP IN TERMINOLOGY

Thank you, ***** ***** wanted to be sure we were on the same page here.

That does then mean that this is a hardware failure, that the printer has an internal part which is defective.

This is very common to see. These are very basic very low quality printers, they are essentially built to be disposable and designed to last only a year or so. There is a reason they only cost about $30-40.

There is one step you can take here, both as a possible fix, as well as a diagnostic evaluation

unplug power at the wall outlet
wait 5 minutes
press and hold the power/on button for 60+ seconds
keep holding while plugging back in, and for another 60 seconds after, then release

If this reset process does not work, it would unfortunately confirm an internal hardware failure.

This is something that would require repairs to correct; at that point it is time for a new printer. While it can be fixed, it is not practical to do so. You'd be in the $150 range to have it repaired. For about $75 you can replace the entire machine with a brand new and much better quality model, with current technology and a fresh warranty, which makes more sense than buying parts for this one

Depending how you'd like to proceed, I can help with finding a local repair shop, or recommending replacement options for you. Just let me know.

Best regards, ***** ***** for the news,

Eldon

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
THANK YOU FOR YOUR ADVICE IT LOOKS LIKE I NEED A NEW PRINTER.

You are very welcome, and thank you for trying,

If looking for a replacement, I’d recommend any of the Epson workforce series printers. They tend to be very reliable, are easy to set up and use, have good print quality, and reasonably priced ink. Example: http://amzn.to/2wPdNRJ or http://amzn.to/2hQLirU

Note that these, like all consumer grade inkjet printers, are designed to be low cost and are essentially disposable after a few years, subsidized by the high cost of ink cartridges. If you wish to have a better quality and longer lasting printer, that comes with years worth of ink up front, consider the Epson ecotank models instead: http://amzn.to/1PpOj0C

Alternately, for a more business/commercial grade product that will be rated for a 5 year life, consider a laser printer. Lasers cost more up front also, but a toner cartridge can last for thousands of pages. A black only all in one laser is around $125: http://amzn.to/2fdn5PG

while a color model is about twice that: http://amzn.to/1n4I7Q5

Eldon
Eldon, Engineer

Hello, it appears your question is still open.

Do you need more help with this?

Please note: You have already paid your fees to the site; I'd like to help you and provide value for that fee, but I do need to communicate with you here to do so, if more help is needed.

Eldon
Eldon
Eldon, Engineer