Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

Cannot print to printer. error message "printer in error…

Customer Question
Cannot print to printer...

Cannot print to printer. error message "printer in error mode"

Technician's Assistant: How are you connecting to your printer: wirelessly or by USB?

Wirelessly

Technician's Assistant: When did you last update the printer driver software?

A year

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Printer Expert to know before I connect you?

That's the only problem

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Printers
3/6/2018
Technician: Eldon, Engineer replied 4 months ago
Eldon
Eldon, Engineer

Hello and sorry to hear you're having trouble,

What is the brand and model number of the printer?
What is the exact error code/number showing on the printers own display/screen?

HP Envy 5530. No error message appears on the screen of the printer. Only error message "printer in error mode" appears as a message on my computer.

Can you try to make a copy on the printer itself and see how that works?

I'm cancelling the remote assistance request.

That is fine, I would not accept it anyway as this can't likely be fixed remotely.

Hello, it appears your question is still open.
Do you need more help with this?
Please note: You have already paid your fees to the site; I'd like to help you and provide value for that fee, but I do need to communicate with you here to do so, if more help is needed.

No further help required.

Thanks