Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

The yellow ink keeps saying it is empty and I take it out…

Customer Question
The yellow ink keeps...

The yellow ink keeps saying it is empty and I take it out and it is not empty and then it wont let the cartridge even work anymore.

Technician's Assistant: Are you getting any error messages? If so, what do they say?

Just that the ink is empty And then it doesn't accept the ink that I am putting in as being full, even though it is

Technician's Assistant: The last time you changed your cartridges, did you replace them with new ones or refill the old ones?

I have never used a cartridge refilled, they have all been brand new

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Printer Expert to know before I connect you?

NO that is it

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Printers
what am I to do now?
I tried to clean it via the menu, and it wont clean, it cancels out.
3/6/2018
Technician: Syseng, Engineer replied 4 months ago
Syseng
Syseng, Engineer

My name is David.

Since the printer was just recently working, I recommend a power reset as

that will drain errors from memory and may resolve the issue. Unplug the

printer power cord and unplug all peripherals. Press and hold the power

button for 20 seconds. Then leave the printer for about 5 minutes to let all

power drain. Then plug the printer power cord into a wall socket (not a

surge protector or power strip) and then plug the printer back into all

peripherals. Then power up the printer and test to see if the issue is

resolved.

Please let me know the result and if you need further assistance.

Thanks,

David.