Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

Hpphotosmart c618. Says in cartridge appear to be missing or…

Hpphotosmart c618 Technician's Assistant:...

Hpphotosmart c618

Technician's Assistant: What's the brand and model of your printer?

Says in cartridge appear to be missing or damaged = refer to printer documentation and I changed the cartridge with new one same message

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on with your printer?

HP PHOTOSMART C618 refer to printer documentation. Magenta ink

Technician's Assistant: When did you last update the Operating System (OS) on the computer or device you're printing from?

I use one weekly>Changed the cartridge and same message came back.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Printer Expert to know before I connect you?

Printer does not respond to any command. Only repeat the message

3/6/2018
Syseng
Syseng, Engineer

My name is David.

Since the printer was just recently working, I recommend a power reset as

that will drain errors from memory and may resolve the issue. Unplug the

printer power cord and unplug all peripherals. Press and hold the power

button for 20 seconds. Then leave the printer for about 5 minutes to let all

power drain. Then plug the printer power cord into a wall socket (not a

surge protector or power strip) and then plug the printer back into all

peripherals. Then power up the printer and test to see if the issue is

resolved.

Please let me know the result and if you need further assistance.

Thanks,

David.

I tried it and did not worked. Since the printer is 10 years old , my son decided to buy a new one. I got it. Thanks for the help.
Maria.

Ok, and thanks for letting me know.

Best regards,

David.

Syseng
Syseng, Engineer