Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

Purchased a HP Bluetooth Mouse in June 2017 and it no longer…

Customer Question
Purchased a HP Bluetooth...

Purchased a HP Bluetooth Mouse in June 2017 and it no longer works

Technician's Assistant: What's the brand, model, and Operating System (OS) of your computer?

Purchased a HP Spectre Notebook ($1249.99 + tax) in June 2017 along with a HP Bluetooth Mouse ($39.99 + tax) and the mouse no longer works

Technician's Assistant: What have you tried so far with your Spectre?

What are you asking? Can you call me at(###) ###-####

Technician's Assistant: The Computer Technician will be able to walk you through that. Anything else you want the Computer Expert to know before I connect you?

Nothing more, thank you

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Printers
3/6/2018
Technician: Shefin, Printer and Office Equip. Specialist replied 4 months ago
Shefin, Printer and Office Equip. Specialist

Hello!

Thank you for your question. I amCustomerand I look forward to helping you with your issue today.

The issue started with the latest Windows update, and so many computers are facing the same issue that the keyboard or mouse (or both) not working. And most of them affected are HP Or Lenovo computers. You can resolve the issue by restoring the computer to an earlier date or uninstalling the last two updates. Since you are not able to use any USB device with the computer, it is difficult to do so. So, you have to get into Advanced options window, and restore the computer, or Reset the PC to get the issue resolved.

Check if you are able to login using the keyboard. If no, can I go ahead and help you further with refreshing or resetting the PC?

Thank you.

Customer/p>
Customer I'm not a computer "wizkid" so I don't understand your reply. Can you call me at(###) ###-####

I apologize that I cannot contact you by phone. Are you able to login to the computer?

Thank you.

Customer/p>
You want me to pay HP $39, that's what I paid for the mouse. As the mouse is still in manufacture warranty and it doesn't work why don't you just send me a new mouse.

Please be informed that the issue is not with the mouse. The mouse will work fine with any other computer. The issue started with the latest Windows update, and the issue is with Windows. Please let me know if you are able to login to the computer, so that I can assist you better.

Thank you.

Customer/p>
I shall have my assistant follow-up with you if necessary after she follows your instructions.

Please let me know if you are able to login to the computer, so that I can assist you better.

Thank you.

Customer/p>
Do NOT switch to a Secure Remote Assistance and DO NOT CHARGE MY ACCOUNT $39.

You will not be charged $39 if you do not Opt for remote support.

Thank you.

Customer/p>