Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

I have a 8740 all in one. My problem is that when I feed…

I have a 8740...

I have a 8740 all in one . My problem is that when I feed paper in from the top, as it is printing, the copied sheet will kink to one side near the end of printing and cause the last 2-3 inches of the page to print on a curve. That last portion of paper is somewhat blurry and makes for an unprofessional look. Can I fix this myself?

Technician's Assistant: How are you connecting to your printer: wirelessly or by USB?

Wireless

Technician's Assistant: When did you last update the printer driver software?

Good question, bad answer. I don't know.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Printer Expert to know before I connect you?

I have had several paper jams, but i was able to pull the jam loose without any difficulty. Regular printing is no problem.

3/6/2018
Syseng
Syseng, Engineer

My name is David.

I had this happen to one of my printers and after sometime noticed a small piece of crayon lodged in the space through which the paper travels, causing the paper to turn slightly sideways at the end of the page when printing. Here is how I fixed it:

Using a flashlight, inspect the area where the printer pulls paper in and look for a remove any and all debris and dust and also clean the rollers with a soft, damp cloth to ensure the rollers can grab the paper.

Try the above and please let me know the result.

Seems to have worked. I'll know better when I have a large print job.

Ok, very good. Please let me know the result after you test it further.

Syseng
Syseng, Engineer