Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

When i close the paper tray capyion comes up to open the…

When i close the...

When i close the paper tray capyion comes up to open the output tray manually i do all that it says but the same message comes

Technician's Assistant: What's the brand and model of your printer?

Epson xp640

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on with your XP640?

Since my second usage i purchased it on the 13 2 2018.

Technician's Assistant: When did you last update the Operating System (OS) on the computer or device you're printing from?

Yesterday

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Printer Expert to know before I connect you?

No thank you

3/6/2018
Harry, Engineer

Hello:

Welcome to JustAnswer! My name is ***** ***** I am happy to be assisting you today. My sincerest apologies that it look so long for someone to reply. I've just logged in and saw your question waiting and I'm happy to assist you. Before we begin, can you please let me know if you still need help with your question? Just use the reply box to let me know.

please

With the printer powered on, remove the power cord from the back.

Wait 2 minutes

Plug back in the power cord and power it on

Do you still have the error?

still saying open the output tray manually
could I have a telephone no so I can ring someone t0morrow thank you

How old is the printer?

I bought it from j b high fi on the 13\02\2018
I used it once . when I re loaded the paper tray it kept repeating what it said each time I tried to print

Unfortunately, the error that you are experiencing is an internal failure which would require repair/replacement.

The good news is that it is under warranty so it can be repaired/replacement. I would start by trying to return it back to the store where you purchased it.

Harry, Engineer