Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

I have Epson XP-430 printer. I just replaced the 4 ink

Hello I have Epson...

Hello I have Epson XP-430 printer. I just replaced the 4 ink cartridges and tried to print documents. The printer

Technician's Assistant: Is this the first time you've had to change the ink for your XP-430?

I have changed before. Tried printing and the the printer is skipping or leaving a blank line every inch from top to bottom of the printed page

Technician's Assistant: Are you getting any error messages? Are you able to open the lid that covers the cartridges on your printer?

I was getting error message but error message stopped after replacing ink cartridges

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Printer Expert to know before I connect you?

Need to know if problem can be fised

About how long will it take to get a response?
3/5/2018
Eldon
Eldon, Engineer

Hello and sorry to hear you're having trouble,

These symptoms point to either a clogged/contaminated print head, or a faulty print head (or the logic board that controls it).

You can try going into the setup/maintenance menu on the machine and running the “clean print head” function repeatedly, up to 5 times total, testing after each.

If it still doesn’t print anything, you’ll need to do a manual cleaning as a next step.

Let me know how the built in cleaning function works, and I’ll guide you through the manual steps next, if needed

Best regards,

Eldon

Thanks! the technique worked and the printer is performing well

Great! Glad that did the trick for you!

My goal is to give you the best experience possible! I hope I have earned a 5 star rating! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need more assistance, please use the reply box and let me know.

Thank you, ***** ***** a nice day,

Eldon

Eldon
Eldon, Engineer