Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

Lexmark model CS310dn- just replaced toner overflow bottle…

Lexmark model CS310dn- just...

Lexmark model CS310dn- just replaced toner overflow bottle and sensor, but still get message that bottle needs to be replaced.

Technician's Assistant: What kind of computer or device are you printing from?

Asus p550c

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on with your CS310DN-?

Several months- ordered new bottle, but got message that sensor needed to be replaced. Just replaced sensor, but still getting fault message.

Technician's Assistant: When did you last update the Operating System (OS) on the computer or device you're printing from?

No idea

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Printer Expert to know before I connect you?

No, I don't think so

3/5/2018
Syseng
Syseng, Engineer

My name is David.

Since the printer was just recently working, I recommend a power reset as that may resolve the issue. Unplug the printer power cord and unplug all peripherals. Press and hold the power button for 20 seconds. Then leave the printer for about 5 minutes to let all power drain. Then plug the printer power cord into a wall socket (not a surge protector or power strip) and then plug the printer back into all peripherals. Then power up the printer and test to see if the issue is resolved.

Please let me know the result and if you need further assistance.

Thanks,

David.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I have already tried that. Is there a way to reset the menu?

Yes, do the following:

Power off the printer.

Simultaneously press and hold down the Menu, Go and Select buttons.

Power the printer back on while continuing to hold down the buttons.

When Restoring Factory Defaults appears on the display release the buttons.

Let the printer complete power up then test to see if the issue is resolved.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
The message for restoring factory defaults quickly gives way to "replace waste toner bottle" before anything else can be done! Is there a way to reset through the computer?

Not through the computer, however the procedure below is a full factory reset.

So next do the following:

Press the Menu button on the printer control panel until Utilities Menu (or Tests Menu) appears.

Press the Select button once.

Press the Menu button until Factory Defaults appears.

Press the Select button and a =Restore should appear.

Press the Select button one more time to apply the original factory values.

Restart the printer and let me know the result.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I'm sorry, I'm afraid that I haven't made myself clear: When I turn on the printer and as it is powering up there is the green light to indicate that the printer is up but immediately the message about the waste bottle pops up and there is no advancing the menu to anything....I can't get pass the message about the bottle. None of the buttons on the printer respond

Ok then try the first procedure again to reset to factory defaults - since it sounds like there is a delay before the error appears, if after the printer starts you immediately start on the second procedure, you may be able to clear the error.

Syseng
Syseng, Engineer
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I have no more questions to ask. Thank you very much for your help.
Syseng
Syseng
Syseng, Engineer