Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

I have a WF-2540 that is showing "Printer error" there is no…

I have a WF-2540...

I have a WF-2540 that is showing "Printer error" there is no paper stuck

Technician's Assistant: What's the brand and model of your printer?

It instructs me tp turn it off then back on .. when I do so ..

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on with your printer?

It just started ... it makes blood curling screeching noise when I turn it on

Technician's Assistant: When did you last update the Operating System (OS) on the computer or device you're printing from?

I get push messages to do and believe that I am current

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Printer Expert to know before I connect you?

No all good

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I really don't have supporting docs only the screen displaying "printer error"
3/4/2018
Sudipto, Engineer

Hi, I'm Sudipto. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now and will post back with your reply ASAP

Please check the cartridges and let me know if they can move automatically or not?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
the cartridges do not move automatically and I am unable to get out of the printer error screen

OK, now turn off the printer then, try to slide the cartridges with your hand and let me know if you are able to do that or not?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I really don't want to get into more fees i.e securely connect .. do you have an idea as to what the issue is?
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
the cartridges are immobil

Just ignore the remote support as it is a general offer send to all the customers, just try what I have asked you to do and let me know what happens?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
i have turned the printer off and was unable to manipulate the cartriges

OK, now disconnect the power cord for 10 mins and let me know what happens?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
also, not to be redundant .. but this may help in your troubleshoot .. upon starting and restarting printer there is a loud screech
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
aight will do
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I powered it back up and it briefly flashed paper jam .. then resumed the screech .. I've checked everywhere visible and see no paper could it be the a need to open it up?

I asked you to unplug the printer for 10 mins and you replied me back within 4 mins saying that, you power it on?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
sorry ... I unplugged it again about 6 min ago will let you know in about four min
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
K .. unplugged it for ten + minutes ... same result quick flash on the screen saying paper jam .. then back to the printing error message

Ok, please take a flashlight and check the area below the cartridges for any foreign objects.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
no visible debris inside the printer or under cartridges

OK, keep the printer cover open then, power off and on the printer and let me know if the cartridges try to move or not?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
the cartridges try to move the screeching noise is coming from the cartridge carriage or holder whatever its called .. it tries to move . is help up .. screams then settles into the "printer error" mode

Thanks, ***** ***** the carriage is jammed and as the screeching sound it coming it means the waste ink absorber which is located just below the resting position of the cartridges is popped out from its chamber and blocked the movement of the cartridges, unfortunately, you have to send the printer to any repair shop for fixing the problem.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
aight thxhave a good one

Thanks, ***** ***** to give a positive rating, as that is the only way I am compensated for my time and effort.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
will do

Thanks, ***** ***** that click the 5th star and submit button.

Sudipto, Engineer
Sudipto, Engineer