Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

I just lost a PC only 1.5 years old, then bought a new PC…

Hello, I just lost...

Hello, I just lost a PC only 1.5 years old, then bought a new PC 2/19/18. I am having difficulty getting my Canon MX922 printer to work with the new PC. I could get all working (new PC & Canon printer) lots faster with your help. The MX 922 is only 1.5 years old also. Can you walk me thru to a fast resolution? Please?

Technician's Assistant: How are you connecting to your MX922: wirelessly or by USB?

With the old PC it was wireless. I never used USB with it. Hope we can do this wireless also.

Technician's Assistant: When did you last update the printer driver software?

I don'tr recall when. I have tried to have all done automatically, so I don't remember if or when it ever was done.

Answered in 1 minute by:
2/28/2018
Viet - Printer Tech
Viet - Printer Tech, Printer Technician

I'm sorry about the issue. Is there any error or message?
Does your new PC computer have Windows 10?
Please reply at the box below. Thank you,

Please stay with me on this page.

When you are available, please type at the box below, then click on the Send button below to communicate with me, so I can help; we can schedule a time. Thank you.

No error or message. It just hasn't printed when I command it do so. And doesn't even turn on automatically as before, I have to manually turn it on, but no printing occurs.

On your computer, please click on the website below in order to connect with me remotely, then I can help you directly:

https://tinyurl.com/yd4k2k5n
, then allow the Elsinore.ScreenConnect program to download/run/open when prompted at the bottom.
Note: If it does not connect within 5 minutes, then please reply at the box below and let me know. Thank you,

On your computer, please click on the new website below in order to connect with me remotely, then I can help you directly:

https://tinyurl.com/ycxckxhq

1. On your computer, click on the new website below in order to connect remotely with me, then I can help you directly:

https://tinyurl.com/ycxckxhq
, then click on Open or Run (or save) if prompted.
2. Then press at the same time the two keys Ctrl and J on the keyboard, then the Downloads window should open.
3. Then there, open / run the latest item called Elsinore.ScreenConnect.Client and install it.
; (If needed, double-click on the item Elsinore.ScreenConnect.Client and open / run / install it.)
Please reply at the box below. Thank you.

Were you able to try the option Wireless LAN Setup (or WLAN Setup) on the printer's screen?

- If yes, can you download / install the MX920 series MP Drivers Ver.1.01 (Windows) at the website below, and check:

https://www.usa.canon.com/internet/portal/us/home/support/details/printers/inkjet-multifunction/mx-series-inkjet/mx922?tab=drivers_downloads

; (make sure to select the option Wireless... whenever prompted during the installation.)

- We were connected, but it looks like you went away later. We can schedule another.

When you are available, please type at the box below, then click on the Send button below to communicate with me, so I can help further. Thank you.

Sorry, Viet. I pulled the wrong plug (power to PC) when you asked me to pull the power to my MX922 printer. I then realized I was too tired to continue and mistake-prone. So I had to go to bed while still somewhat sane. Hope we can finish getting my MX922 corodinated and working with my new PC. Please, Sir!

Are you available now?

Can you please click on the website below for video instructions on how to connect your printer to your Wi-Fi / wireless network name:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HyiB34ZrtEI

- If that is successful, then the next step is to download and install the MX920 series MP Drivers Ver.1.01 (Windows) at the website below, and check:

Please type at the box below, then click on the Send button below to communicate with me, so I can help further; I'm available starting 12 PM noon Pacific time. Thank you.

Hello, Viet
I had a MD appointment today, finally back home 5:16pm CST. When I turned MX922 on, an email was printed "instantly". The MX922 screen reads "Processing... Please wait momentarily" and shows a sign it's thinking. That's some progress - what shall I do now? - - Doss

Can you print something new and check?

What does the printer's screen show now?

Hi, screen still reads "Processing... Please wait momentarily." Prior to this second & same screen, it printed out an email dated Mar 1, 2018 1:31 PM.
  1. Please turn off printer.
  2. Then disconnect power cord from printer for about 2 minutes.
  3. Re-connect power cord to printer.
  4. Turn on printer.
  5. Wait a bit, and see what the printer's screen shows now.

OK, I will do that. Now is 9:05 PM CST here, I send note re same at 9:09PM.
I'm old and slow. Will reply after 9:12 PM

No problem. Please take your time. Thanks.

Now 0922 PM here. After showing screen requesting print & # copies, it is now dark, but lit as being on.

That looks okay. Can you print something from the computer now and check?

OK, I will do that.
Did not print, but showed printer icon in PC Taskbar. When I right clicked it said "zero docs in printer queue. I clicked and it went to Settings/ Printers and Scanners.
Also printer screen remained black.

Touch the screen and it should come on.

- Please click on the website below for video instructions on how to connect your printer to your Wi-Fi / wireless network name, and check:

Note: If needed, the Wi-Fi / wireless network name and passphrase / key / password ***** be located at the back / bottom of your internet modem / router device(s). It is case-sensitive.

Please let me know. Thank you.

I touched screen - it did not come on. I pushed Menu - it came on with it's 4 choices. But now I'll do your next instrux on connecting printer to WiFi, then report back.

OK, thanks.

Honor!
After your instructions I printed a test page twice, then was able to print a 2 page email. I hope all is solved and fixed. Thanx.

You're welcome. Great. If you need help with anything else, please come back any time. Also, can you please take a moment to rate my service by clicking on the 5-star icon at this page, then click on Submit. Thank you very much,

Viet - Printer Tech
Viet - Printer Tech, Printer Technician