Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

I have a cannon ipf8300 Monday it ran all day fine Tuesday…

Customer Question
I have a cannon...

I have a cannon ipf8300 Monday it ran all day fine Tuesday turned it on all good then out of nowhere freezes, restarted in service mode and now carriage moves to the left and stays there.

Technician's Assistant: What kind of computer or device are you printing from?

Windows but it’s nothing to do with the computer it’s the pr8nter

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on with your IPF8300?

One day

Technician's Assistant: When did you last update the Operating System (OS) on the computer or device you're printing from?

Na

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Printers
Also no error codes
2/28/2018
Technician: Syseng, Engineer replied 4 months ago
Syseng
Syseng, Engineer

My name is David.

Since the printer was just recently working, first I recommend a power reset as that may resolve the issue. Unplug the printer power cord and unplug all peripherals. Press and hold the power button for 20 seconds. Then leave the printer for about 5 minutes to let all power drain. Then plug the printer power cord into a wall socket (not a surge protector or power strip) and then plug the printer back into all peripherals. Then power up the printer and test to see if the issue is resolved.

Please let me know the result.

Thanks,

David.

Is it still running in service mode?

When I turn it on not in service mode it starts to fire up then carriage moves to left stops and then sort of freezes, when load in service mode it does the same but I can get into menus etc.

There is a factory reset function in the service mode menus that will resolve this issue. So next perform the factory reset and the printer should turn off then on and the error condition should be cleared.

What does it say as I can’t find any info about factory reset?

I will check now - what options do you see displayed in the printer control panel menu?

I’m not sure as it’s at the shop
Would you like to continue this when you are there and can reset it? If so when would you be back there?
if you could just guide me through it that would be great as im assuming you have done this before?.

Yes, however this one will require deleting some information from the printer hard drive. So on second thought, rather than performing the factory reset, I am going to open up this question to other experts that may have additional ideas to resolve the issue without erasing information from the drive.

Technician: Harry, Engineer replied 4 months ago
Harry, Engineer

Hello:

Welcome to JustAnswer! My name is ***** ***** I am happy to be assisting you today. My sincerest apologies that it look so long for someone to reply. I've just logged in and saw your question waiting and I'm happy to assist you. Before we begin, can you please let me know if you still need help with your question? Just use the reply box to let me know.

Good evening took far too long so i had it sorted elsewhere sorry

OK