Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

My computer says my hp printer is not on. I am connected to…

My computer says my...

My computer says my hp printer is not on. I am connected to my wifi . I do not know what to try next. It always worked until now. Thanks

Technician's Assistant: What HP model do you have?

Hp envy 5535

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on with your HP printer?

Last week on Thursday

Technician's Assistant: When did you last update the Operating System (OS) on the computer or device you're printing from?

It automatically updates.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Printer Expert to know before I connect you?

No, just hoping you can help me out.

Answered in 1 minute by:
2/21/2018
Michelle
Michelle, Printer Expert

Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be the expert working with you today to help and resolve the problem you have posted.

You are at www.justanswer.com services.
I am sorry to hear that you are having such trouble. I will try my best to help you out

Follow the below sequence first

turn off printer and router

then turn on router first

once connected to internet, turn on prnter

then try a print and let me know

i will suggest further accordingly

I've tried that. It didn't work

do you have windows or macos on the computer

Michelle
Michelle, Printer Expert

Follow these steps to remote connect
Click here for remote assistance
in the page that opens you will see just answer remote desktop..scroll down the page and click on i agree
it will download a file Elsinore screen connect exe at bottom of screen
once its downloaded, open\run the file ..you can double click on it to run it
once it starts to run it will ask do you want to allow the file to make changes...say yes to it

let me know once computer has restarted

Customer hiCustomer michelle this sideCustomer i am now connectedCustomer may i take mouse control and check the printer problem
Guest: yesCustomer thanksCustomer you mentioned a hp 5535 modelCustomer do you also have another hp printer
Guest: no just the 5535 .the other one was a old one long gone nowCustomer okCustomer one moment pleaseCustomer checking on my endeCustomer endCustomer does your printer have a touch screen
Guest: yesCustomer on the printer from home screen, select setupCustomer then wireless or wlan setupCustomer let me know what options you see on printer screen
Guest: wireless wizard set upCustomer select that wireless setup wizard option and let me know what you get next
Guest: select network. It's selected to my wifi nameCustomer select xmas and press okCustomer it will ask for wifi passphrase or password ***** security keyCustomer enter teh routers passwordCustomer do you know the wifi password?
Guest: yes. done.Customer does it says connected or setup complete
Guest: connected to networkCustomer okCustomer i will reboot computer onceCustomer reconnected nowCustomer reconnected nowCustomer will take further stepsCustomer when was it working the last time
Guest: last thursday. I printed from the internetCustomer okCustomer did it print a test page
Guest: yesCustomer let me try something else
Guest: okCustomer let me know if this one prints
Guest: it printedCustomer greatCustomer now please try printing something yourself
Guest: it printedCustomer great all good thenCustomer the printer softwre had a corruptionCustomer now taht its reinstalled you should be bale to print
Guest: can i now print from the internetCustomer let me know if you have any questionsCustomer yes please try
Guest: ok
Guest: it works! thank you sooo much. Do you know how it could have gotten corrupted?Customer you are welcome. it could have been some script in background that might have caused itCustomer it can happen on any pc..nothing specific
Guest: once again thank you. What do i need to do now.Customer i will now end the remote session. Thanks for using the service. Good Night!
Guest: good nightCustomer you may use teh computer and printer nowCustomer i will get disocnnected now