Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

Have a 5C00 error on my MP620B. I just finished taking it…

Have a 5C00 error...

Have a 5C00 error on my MP620B. I just finished taking it apart and found a plastic tie had somehow gotten into the feed mechanism and was preventing the paper from loading. after putting it back together it has this error even after cleaning the pad and print head.

Technician's Assistant: Is your printer displaying the error on all print jobs, even after you restart it?

I have been trying to print a test pattern and it always ends up with a large clicking sound for several seconds before stopping and showing the error.

Technician's Assistant: When did you last update the printer driver software?

Never have as far as I know but it has this problem even if I don't have it connected to my computer

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Printer Expert to know before I connect you?

I did print successfully earlier today but it has had something like this going on for a while causing it to tell me to turn it off and restart it after which it works for a few sheets before happening again. Perhaps the plastic tie was in there for quite a while but finally got bad enough when I tried to figure out what was wrong.

2/18/2018
Harry, Engineer

Hello:

Welcome to JustAnswer! My name is ***** ***** I am happy to be assisting you today. My sincerest apologies that it look so long for someone to reply. I've just logged in and saw your question waiting and I'm happy to assist you. Before we begin, can you please let me know if you still need help with your question? Just use the reply box to let me know.

Unless you think there's a high probability that it can be fixed I've just about decided to go ahead and get a new one.

Is the printer over a year old?

I got it at least 5 years ago or more and it was refurbished at that time

Unfortunately, the error that you are experiencing is an internal failure which would require repair/replacement. The bad news is that your printer is outside of warranty and it would cost more to repair the printer than to buy a new one. You can purchase a new one for around $50-$60 at a local electronics store such as Best Buy.

That's what I suspected. Thanks.

You're welcome -- I apologize that I had to deliver the bad news to you. Please understand that we do not like to deliver bad news because our rating on the site is based on the feedback of our customers so bad news situations are difficult to deal with. Thankfully, a large majority of our customers are understanding that we are just messengers in the situation and do not take it out on the rating system.

My goal is to give you the best experience possible! I hope I have earned a 5 star rating! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need more assistance, please use the reply box and let me know.

Harry, Engineer