Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

Been trying the last 4 hrs to get the pixmatts3122 connected…

Been trying the last...

Been trying the last 4 hrs to get the pixmatts3122 connected to my imac???

Technician's Assistant: What Operating System (OS) are you running on your iMac?

High serria os 10 .5

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on with your iMac? What have you tried so far?

Just today i brought and its been over 4 hrs.I have followed the instruction booklet that came with the printer???

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Mac Expert to know before I connect you?

I tried the usb and wifi methods with no luck

2/11/2018
Russell H., Printer and Office Tech

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is***** will do my best to provide the right answer to your printer (I presume) question.
Is the printer a TS3122 ?

If neither method works, make sure the printer can work basically in itself, first, by loading paper and doing a one-page photocopy, of an original laid face-down upon the glass sheet of the scanner.

- if that comes out OK, the interface with your computer is the problem.

- if that comes out blank, or refuses to print, the problem is in your printer period. Blank paper means inking system problem(s), refusing to print means something even more severe... and would justify your packing up the printer again, as defective (regrettably) and returning it promptly to the store or vendor as such, for an exchange-for-another-fully-working-printer.

If the interface with the computer is the problem, then be sure that

A. you are installing the drivers for the printer before connecting the printer to the computer... and also, if you have installs/icons/instances listed in System Preferences - Printers that don't work, click on one of those to select it, and remove it with the - button below it, to clear the decks for a proper installation.

B. install the exact right driver for your printer model, and for the exact MAC OS X version you have on your computer.

The utility for properly installing the driver on a networked connection may be obtained by downloading from this site:

http://pdisp01.c-wss.com/gdl/WWUFORedirectTarget.do?id=MDIwMDAwNTI1OTAy&cmp=ABR&lang=EN

Let me know how that goes, what you think, etc.

If you wish I can try remotely connecting to your computer - with your approval only - and see to getting a way worked out through this problem, for a small additional fee.

If you would rather not, then I can also instruct you toward a solution, somewhat more slowly.

Let me know which approach you would prefer, and I will help you as needed.

Thank you but I have decided to return the printer

That is probably most sensible to do. I hope the new(er) printer you will get will prove fully workable and satisfactory. Have a good evening, meanwhile!

Since I have not heard back from you, I am asking whether my answer was helpful and provided what you needed ?

(If I didn't answer your question, if you need more info, or have any comments, use Reply To Expert to respond, and I will be pleased to help you further.)

Russell H., Printer and Office Tech